Chapter 21 Part 2: In a while - I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord

Chapter 21 Part 2: In a while - I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord




<<Back>>    <<Next>>


Kindly join Our Discord for Announcements


Chapter 21 Part 2:




A soft smile appears on the corner of her mouth as her whole body relaxes.


I shrug my shoulders in an exaggerated motion and make a shocked face with an exaggeratedly furrowed eyebrow.



"I’m being serious.”



I’m joking, of course., because I speak in one language towards the end.


Damn it. Spica did not say it out loud, but only made the two words with her lips, and her expression fell. I'd rather smile than look nervous.



“...I'm going to go downstairs for a bit. I need to talk to Shinoda-san.”



I wonder if there are any Linka berries in the inn.


I get up from the bed and am just about to open the door when I turn around.



"You know, I'd be more than happy to talk to you about anything. So tell me what you're thinking."



...It's embarrassing to tell people what you're thinking honestly.


When I go downstairs, I find Jaco-chan lying on the counter.


She is holding her head.



"What's wrong?"


"I skipped work to talk to Spica-chan, and my mom got mad.”



I must have dozed off for a little over two hours, and if she had neglected her work during that time, no wonder her mother is mad at her.



"So, how'd it go? Are you okay? I was worried that I said something I shouldn't have…!”



She is worried she said something wrong.



“Thank you. I am deeply grateful to you.”


"Good!"



Saying so Jaco-chan smiles.



“...Can you tell my mother that I have guided a lost lamb? She doesn't listen to me. She'll get wrinkles if she gets angry like that, wrinkles."



Ah.


As she is saying this, Shinoda-san peeks out from the aisle behind the counter. She is smiling, but her eyes are not smiling.


Were small wrinkles a forbidden word? … Jaco-chan, you need to control your words now.



"Oh, Sun-Kun. Thank you. I'm sorry that my daughter has caused you trouble.”


As soon as she hears the voice, Jaco-chan jumps. The sebum sweat running down her forehead makes her look sad, unlike her usual cheerful mood.



“I was treated well by …”


"I'm glad to hear that. But you don't have to use honorifics with us, you know? It's kind of a habit for me. I'm sorry, but I'm going to have a little family meeting.


"Aha!"



Jaco-chan's eyes are as if she is clinging to me…. There's nothing I can do if you look at me like that. I'll pick up the bones, sorry.


I turn on my feet to go upstairs.


"I'll be back.”




■■■■





The door is open and the darkness of the night is seeping through. Spica seems to have turned off the lights and is gazing at the city below, lit by the moon.



"How did it go?"


"You don't want to piss off the ...humans, do you?"



Spica tilts her head.


You can't offend humans.



“You know, after we eat dinner, can I go to the bar? Will Spica come too?"



I'm going to take advantage of Jaco-chan's advice.


The purpose of the trip is to ask for information that the guard, Turker-san, has given me, but I’m also looking forward to having a drink. Just a little, okay?



“...No. I'm not really into that kind of thing."


"I see. Should I stop going too?"


"Thank you for your concern… you need a break. You're in town, so do what you enjoy, okay? Don't worry about me."



She gets up from her chair and walks over to me. She looks up at me and gently smiles.


I’m struck by the smile on her face as if to say it is okay.



  • Translator: Heartless



<<Back>>    <<Next>>




*

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post