Chapter 12

Chapter 12








<<Back>>    <<Next>>


Kindly join Our Discord for Announcements


Chapter 12:


You can support our works through Kofi!


The season is winter. It was the middle of February, Valentine's Day.


I haven't had much contact with Valentine's Day since I became an adult, so when I was told that it was February 14th, I didn't know what day it was at first. But I froze for a few seconds, and then I realized that today was Valentine's Day.



“Here, I hope that it’s to your liking.”



What Riko handed me was a beautifully wrapped rectangular box. When I shook it lightly, it made a rattling sound. Chocolate is what the girls give for Valentine's Day. I wondered if it was store-bought or homemade.



“Thank you.”



I thanked her and put it away in my bag. I'll eat them when I get home.



“It's homemade.”


“Oh, I'm so happy.”


“...Are you really happy?"



Riko asked with a somewhat anxious expression on her face.



"I'm glad. Even if it's just kindness of yours.”


“No, it's not that!…"



She denied my statement in a clear and strong tone for her.


There are two types of Valentine's Day chocolates: the ‘real’ chocolates and the ‘courtesy’ chocolates. Chocolates for courtesy are for family and friends, and chocolates for homemade are for those you love.


…Someone, she likes? Me?


Riko stares at me, and I try to stare at her the same way. Her eyes, which seem to be strong-willed, do not waver and do not move from one point.


The winter night is cold. Our breaths are as white as cigarette smoke.


In the middle of a large bridge, Riko and I stopped to talk. Cars occasionally pass by, but there are no people walking on the sidewalk. In the distance, the illuminated cityscape glows romantically.



"What if it's not about courtesy…?"



I cut my words off there and then looked away for a moment to look at the night view.



“…What about this chocolate?”


"If it's not for social obligation, it's only real, right?"


“Riko, you…”


“You're aware of my feelings, right?”


“…”



I didn't answer anything. I did not confirm or deny, but looked away once more.


Leaning against the parapet, I looked at the river at night flowing below. It was too dim to see if there were any fish.



“I think I know how you feel about me, Kazuma-san.”



Even though she said that much, I didn't say anything.


I let out a deep sigh, as if exhaling cigarette smoke, and finally felt like speaking.



“I'm a grown man, and you're still in high school.”


“Do you know? In Japan, can women get married at the age of 16?”



I laughed.


Riko didn't laugh.



“Yes, but you're still a minor, a child. I'm sure there are couples in the world with a seventeen-year age difference or even older, but that's only when you're an adult. If I, an adult, go out with you, a high school student, I could get caught.”



With that, I posed as if I were handcuffed.


I'm not familiar with the law, so I don't know exactly what would happen, but there are a lot of things wrong with an adult dat0 ing a minor - even a high school student.



“I understand."



Riko nodded loudly.



“So, you understand? If you become an adult and still love me, then..."


“If that's the case, all you have to do is ask my guardian Ami-san's permission.”


"...U...hmm?"



I was confused and scratched my head.


It's true that with the permission of a parent or guardian - and as long as it was based on marriage - dat0 ing a minor was okay. 


Asking Ami-san's permission? I hadn't even thought about it. Even though we were acquaintances, would she allow a man who wasn't that much older than her to date her niece?


A long time ago, she had said, "How about going out with Riko?” But that was just a little joke, and if it was about to happen, Ami-san would be confused and oppose it.



“Hurry up. Let's go to my house right now."


“Riko pulled me along without saying a word.”



Thinking that she was using the word "Hurry up", I was taken to her house at her mercy.



...To be continued!


---


Translator Corner:



Thanks for reading my translation works. 

Kindly join Our Discord for Announcements!!!

You can support our works through Kofi!


Support us by donating through Kofi




<<Back>>    <<Next>>

*

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post

Advertisement

Advertisement