Chapter 13

Chapter 13








<<Back>>    <<Next>>


Kindly join Our Discord for Announcements


Chapter 13:


You can support our works through Kofi!



“I'm back," Riko said as she opened the door.


"Welcome home. Kazuma-kun?”


"Oh, hi."



I bowed my head.



“What are you doing here at this hour? Did you give Riko a ride home?”


“Huh? Um, yes, what can I say? …It’s…”



I turned away from Ami-san and looked at Riko as if asking for help.


Riko urged me to go inside for now, then closed the door and took off her shoes. Her face scrunched up from nervousness as she said: “There's something I want to tell you.”


"Something you want to talk about?"


"Yes."



Riko nodded strongly.


I'm sure she guessed something from her serious expression, but Ami-san didn't try to pursue it too deeply at this point.



“...Um, okay. Kazuma-kun, come in.”



She gently told me and turned around and went back to the living room.


I wondered if Ami-san knew what Riko wanted to talk about. She's not an insensitive person, so it's possible that she understands everything from my sudden visit at night.


If she did understand, what kind of answer would Ami-san give?


Thinking that, I sat down on a chair in the dining room, and as usual, she served me a cup of hot tea while Riko sat next to me and Ami-san sat opposite me.


Ami-san took a sip of her tea.



“So? What exactly is it that you want to talk about?”



She asked Riko.



“…Well, I have an idea about the situation.


“I can guess," she added.


"Um, Well, let me get straight to the point…”



Riko's eyes swam somewhat, and then she looked at Ami-san.



“Please allow me to have a relati0n$hip with Kazuma-san!"



There was no answer.


Ami-san sighed, crossed her arms, and gulped down her tea.


No of us opened our mouths, so the room was as quiet as if it had been frozen. To be honest, it was awkward, but I didn't think it was the right moment for me to say anything, so I straightened my posture and kept quiet.



“In short..."



Eventually, Ami-san chimed in.



"Just now, you c0nfe$$ed your fe elings to Kazuma-kun."


“...Yes."


“And then Kazuma-kun said something like he needed my permission?”


“Um, yes…” she said.


“Riko is a high school student, so if you want to g0 0ut with Kazuma-kun, who is an adult, you should have my permission as your guardian …Hmmm…”



She growled as she shook her body, as if troubled.



“Of course, I knew that you had fe elings for Kazuma-kun. It's up to you to decide who you want to like and g0 0ut with. But you know, Kazuma-kun is seventeen years 0lder than you. Have you seriously thought about that?”


“Yes.”


"On top of that, thinking about the difference of 17 years, do y0u still want to get al0ng with Kazuma-kun?"



Riko squirmed in response to Ami-san's question.



“I'm very embarrassed to say this, but I think the age difference has nothing to do with …l 0ve.”


“Fufu.” Ami-san let out an unexpected laugh at her words.


"L 0ve has nothing to do with age, well that's true."


“I'm not sure what I'm going to do," she said, looking up at the ceiling.


“I think I should support you, or follow you. But what should I say?...?”



Eventually, before I could say anything, Ami-san came to a conclusion.



“Fine. I’ll approve of the relati 0nship between the two of you.”


““Oh, thank you so much! Thank you very much."”



Riko and I bowed our heads at the same time.


However, this was not the end of the conversation. We had passed the critical point, but the conversation was still going on.



“But there's one condition. If you don't agree to this condition, I won't accept your relati 0nship.”


"Condition?"



I asked.



“Yes," Ami nodded.


“You must have a healthy relati 0nship with her. Don't t 0uch Riko while she's still in high school, Kazuma-kun. Well, you are allowed to 0nly hold hands, or at least k .iss. Do you understand?”


"Yes, I understand."



Even if Ami-san hadn't told me, I had no intention of making a m 0ve on a high school student. So, that one condition is not hard at all.



“Oh, and one more thing”



Ami-san hastily added, as if she had just thought of it.



“I'm not saying that you should definitely get mar .ried, but as long as you're da .ting a high school student - or Riko, for that matter - you should keep in mind the option of getting mar .ried in the future.”


"I understand."


"That's it! End of the discussion!"



Ami-san clapped her hands loudly with a relieved face.


"Kazuma-kun, stay the ni .ght today."


“Eh, you don't mind?”


“But don't t .0uch Riko… You can t. 0uch me, though.”



With a chuckle, Ami-san headed for the kitchen. She was going to make us dinner.


Ami-san's cooking is good. I don't know if her niece Riko's cooking is good. I've never had Riko's homemade food before.


Wait, come to think of it...


I took out the chocolates that Riko had given me from my bag. I felt uncomfortable opening it roughly, so I slowly and carefully peeled off the wrapping. When I opened the box, I found six round, unevenly shaped chocolates.


Riko didn't say anything, she just smiled and observed me eating the chocolates.



“Itadakimasu!”



I picked up a piece of chocolate and put it in my mouth. As I chewed, a horrible bitter taste spread throughout my mouth.



“Is it good?”



Riko asks, looking up at me.


I, I…



“It has a unique taste.”



I tried to cover it up.


It seems that, unlike Ami-san, Riko is not very good at cooking.



February 14th, commonly known as V .alentine's Day. But for me and Riko, it was not just Valentine's Day, it was engraved in our memories as a memorable anniversary of our relati .0nship.



...To be continued!


---


Translator Corner:



Thanks for reading my translation works. 

Kindly join Our Discord for Announcements!!!

You can support our works through Kofi!


Support us by donating through Kofi




<<Back>>    <<Next>>

2 Comments

Post a Comment
Previous Post Next Post

Advertisement

Advertisement