Chapter 23 Part 2: Moonlight - I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord

Chapter 23 Part 2: Moonlight - I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord




<<Back>>    <<Next>>


Kindly join Our Discord for Announcements


Chapter 23 Part 2:



"Here we are."



The place I jump from is the roof of the inn.


I call out to Spica and let her down from my arms, then take the fur from my pouch and lay it gently on the roof. The roof gently slopes, but if we move too much, we will have to worry about falling.



"Here's a souvenir.”



I take out a bottle and a cup, pour some juice into it and offer it to Spica.


...As everything is so abrupt, and I get a blank stare with a hint of surprise.


Gently extending her white fish-like fingers, Spica accepts the cup and continues to raise her white throat.



"It's ...delicious."


"I don't know what it tastes like. How was it?"


"It smells of honey and … it tastes like sour fruit."



Wow, that's quite a fancy drink. So, it is a honey-based drink.



"I'll ask you again, are you okay with the cold?”


"I'm fine. I'm a dragon, I'm strong in the cold. It’s just…”


"It’s just?...”


“...I wanted to roar like a dragon.”


"Hahaha.”



That's going to attract enough people.


I look up at the night sky, not caring about her protruding lips.


The sky is full of stars that seem to be about to spill out.


There are no clouds in the night sky today, and the sky is filled with a very luxurious scene.


The soft light from the moon floods the town, the rooftops, and Spica beside me in the clear night air.


As the lights gradually fade from the town in front of me, I can feel the colors of the stars more intensely.


I let out a sigh of relief. It really is beautiful.


I steal a glance at Spica beside me.


Her white skin shines brightly in the moonlight. I wonder what she is thinking right now as she squints up at the night sky.



"What should I do? Should we go back to our room?"


“No. Just a little more."



A smile that shows she is enjoying herself comes back with her reply. ...Good.


I tilt the bottle of honey drink and pour it into my glass.


...Yes, it's so delicious. This is it, this is it. I’m so deeply moved by it that I exaggeratedly look up at the sky.


The little finger and ring finger of my right hand collided with Spica's hand.


No, no. It is Spica's left hand that holds my two fingers tightly.


Her overlapping hands are cold and trembling slightly. I wonder if she is nervous.



"Thank you for everything.”



She looks at me, but soon turns her head away and opens her mouth.


Spica's body turns to crimson in the ...moonlight. When I see this, I explode with embarrassment, too.



"Did I ...do something?"



I told her not to worry about it.



"Really..."



The words are filled with strong emotion.


The words are not the raging emotions that hit me when I met her, nor that came out of happy emotions. I don't know what it is, but I can still feel the heat in the words.



"Really."



She turns her body to face me, her hand tightening on my finger, her red eyes flickering in the moonlight, and she opens her mouth.



"It's not fair."



****
  • Translator: Heartless



<<Back>>    <<Next>>




1 Comments

  1. Idk what the drink it is but I can taste the honey in this chapter~

    ReplyDelete
Post a Comment
Previous Post Next Post

Advertisement