Chapter 11

Chapter 11








<<Back>>    <<Next>>


Kindly join Our Discord for Announcements


Chapter 11:



We watched a two-hour movie that started at ten o'clock, so by the time we left the theater, it was twelve o'clock, which meant it was lunch time. Riko and I ate at a trendy Italian restaurant in the shopping center. Thinking about it, the day I met my girlfriend was also at an Italian (family) restaurant.


It seemed like a long time had passed since I met Riko, but in reality, it had only been about a week and only three days since we met. I think it was one of the best days of my life.


After lunch, we went to various stores in the shopping center together. It's no exaggeration to call it a date, but I think it was.


I had a good time, but I wondered if Riko was enjoying it as much as I was. From the look on her face, she had a soft smile and seemed to be enjoying it. I would like to know whether it comes from her heart.


I noticed that the sky, which had been all blue, had turned dark blue. There were many stars shining in the night sky as if they were asserting themselves.



“Riko-san, what do you want for dinner?”



I asked Riko, who was gazing at the night sky.


I was tired of walking, so I sat down on the terrace of a coffee shop to rest. On the two empty chairs of the four-seater seating area, there were shopping bags filled with clothes and other items. Most of them were things I had bought for Riko. I don't usually spend that much money, so I felt it was not bad to splurge like this once in a while.



“Um… let's see…”



Riko is typing on her smartphone. Maybe she's communicating with Ami-san.



“I think I'll eat at home since Ami-san is cooking dinner.”


"I see. Well then, let's go home soon.”



I gulped down the lukewarm coffee and threw the paper cup in the trash.


I took her shopping bags and started walking towards the station. As we walked side by side, I realized that I was walking faster than she was. I consciously walked slower to match Riko's speed.



"Um, Asakura-san…”


"Hmm, what?"



I turned my head to the side. Riko's big eyes are staring up at me.



“You can call me by my name if you want. I'm 17 years younger than you.”


“Hmmm… I’m not too familiar to call you like that."



Inwardly, I call her that though.


Riko shook her head nervously.



“It's okay to not be polite.”


“I see. Then I'll call you Riko from now on.”


"Me too..."


"Eh?"



I couldn't hear her well because of the noise around me. Also, Riko's voice was faint.


I put my ear close to her and asked her to say it again.



"Can I call you by your first name too, Kazuma-san?"


"Sure," I answered immediately. "Equivalent exchange, I guess."



Riko giggled while I was wondering what was so funny.


As we passed through the station gates, I parted ways with Riko. As we parted, she waved goodbye, saying, "See you next week, Kazuma-san.”


Will I be going out with Riko every Saturday? If so, that's not bad - in fact, I'm rather glad.



…Kazuma-san, huh?



With a smile on my face, I got on the train.



◇◇◇



After that, I met with Riko every week. We went to various places and often visited Riko at her home. Ami-san and I also returned to a relationship similar to our junior high and high school days. I felt like she was my own sister now.


I sometimes met with Riko on weekday evenings and nights. Just like when we first met, I was in a suit and Riko was in her school uniform. I used to wonder how I would handle it if I ran into my co-workers or boss, but fortunately, no one had seen us yet.


The relationship between Riko and I is a strange one that cannot be described in words, and it has remained the same for a while. I thought it would stay the same for a long time, but as the saying goes, ‘All things change,’ I guess there is nothing that stays the same.


It was about four months later that the balance was broken, or perhaps that's not the right word.



...To be continued!


---


Translator Corner:



Thanks for reading my translation works. 

Kindly join Our Discord for Announcements!!!

 


Support us by donating through Kofi




<<Back>>    <<Next>>

1 Comments

Post a Comment
Previous Post Next Post

Advertisement

Advertisement