Chapter 10

Chapter 10






<<Back>>    <<Next>>


Chapter 10:


Kindly join Our Discord for Announcements



The following Saturday.



Riko and I went to the shopping mall.


Since it was a holiday, the place was crowded with people to the point of insanity. 


It was unusually crowded. There were not only couples but also families and students.


Today's main event was to watch a movie. Thankfully, we had reserved our seats in advance, so it didn't matter how crowded the movie theater was.


The movie started at ten o'clock and lasted about two hours. I'm completely biased, but I thought that high school girls preferred romantic movies, so I was honestly surprised when Riko asked me if I wanted to watch a horror movie. 



“Do you like horror movies, Riko?”


"No, I don't usually watch them…


“It so happened that my friend had recommended this movie to me. You see, she was afraid of watching horror movies alone, so she invited me. “


"Horror movie, huh..."


"Asakura-san, are you not good with horror movies?"


“Um, it's not that I'm not good at it. It's just that I don't usually watch much of it.”



To be honest, I don't watch much horror or romance. I only watch flashy action movies. From the title and the trailer, the movie looked pretty scary!


Until 9:50, we sat on a chair inside the theater and waited, chatting leisurely. When the admission announcement was made, I entered the theater with my ticket in hand.


We hadn't bought any popcorn or juice. When she asked if she should buy some, I shook my head, "No problem. “


The movie we were going to see was a horror movie, so I didn't want to be startled and splash the popcorn in my hand. Considering that, it was probably a good thing I didn't buy any.


After a few minutes in the theater, we were shown a movie trailer and the ‘No Voyeurism’ video, and then the main theme began. There was no light source other than the huge screen in front of us.


I looked at Riko, who was sitting next to me in the dark, and saw that she was staring at the screen, not moving an inch. I followed her and concentrated on watching the movie.


The beginning of the story was a bit boring and lacking in excitement. There were no horror movie-like scenes that would make the viewer shiver or be shocked. However, there was an eerie atmosphere that something was going to happen.


Eventually, a strange being suddenly appeared, inviting people inside and outside the screen to become afraid.



"Kya!"



Riko couldn't help but scream and immediately put her hand over her mouth as if she was ashamed of it. She was not the only one screaming, so it was not particularly noticeable.


I was surprised too, but not enough to make a sound. I was in a relaxed state, leaning deeply against the back and resting my hands on the armrests.


As the tension in the story rises, so does the intensity of the fear.



"Kya!"



I wonder how many times I've heard this adorable scream. Riko's thin hand went to the armrest and grabbed my hand that was placed on it. I was caught off guard, and I was terribly surprised. After a few seconds, Riko realized that she was grabbing my hand.



"I'm sorry…”



She whispered hurriedly, and quickly withdrew her hand.


After that, Riko's behavior became a little strange. I can't really explain it, but she seemed to have lost her concentration or was not fully focused on the movie. She kept glancing at me from time to time. I could tell that Riko was conscious of me, and I became conscious of her as well.


The next thing I knew, the movie was over.


I must have watched the whole movie for about two hours without going to the bathroom or falling asleep, but I don't remember much about the movie. No, I remembered exactly what it was about, but the outline of it was blurry, or perhaps I couldn't concentrate as well as… Riko.



“It was scary, wasn't it?”


“Yes, it was. Riko, you screamed a lot, didn't you?”


“Forget it.”



Riko said shyly and stood up, turning her face away from me. Then she walked down the stairs of the theater.



"Kya!"



-She fell down.


I was worried, but it seems that she is not hurt.



“...Are you okay?"



I asked, and Riko nodded silently.


When I reached out to her, she took my hand in hers and stood up. Then, she walked a step or two, and then, as she had done before, she let go of my hand in a fluster and walked quickly down the stairs.


You don't have to be so shy, I thought.



...To be continued!


---


Translator Corner:



Thanks for reading my translation works. 

Kindly join Our Discord for Announcements!!!




<<Back>>    <<Next>>

1 Comments

Post a Comment
Previous Post Next Post

Advertisement