Chapter 20 Part 1: At the Inn - I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord

Chapter 20 Part 1: At the Inn - I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord




<<Back>>    <<Next>>


Kindly join Our Discord for Announcements


Chapter 20 Part 1:




“I need a room with two beds, and also can I borrow one of your flower vases. If you have any Linca berries, I'll pay for them. Oh, that can wait."



I tell her what I want and pay for six days.


Jaco-chan, the sign girl of the Slumbering Pavilion, takes us into one of the rooms. The rooms are above the stairs. 


By the time we are climbing the stairs, the Sun is about to set.


Through the open door, I see the room is calmly decorated, and I like it.


In the center of the room, it is decorated with many flowers, there is a one-meter-long carpet with a small table and two chairs. On the table is a lamp that can be lit by channeling magic power, a candle with its end unraveled, and a candle holder. 


A pleasant breeze flows through the open window, fluttering the thin white curtains as if it is welcoming us.


A soft bed is placed at one end of the room and a pure white blanket is folded and placed at the other end.


Seeing this, a sigh escapes my lips.



“Whew…”



No matter how enjoyable the traveling is, if you stay out in the open for too long, you're going to get tired. It is the first time in a long time that I have been in a room that feels like a human, and it fills me with a sense of relief and fatigue.



"Please take your time. Kindly, let me know if there is anything I can do for you.”



I look over at Jaco-chan, who is smiling charmingly, flicking her fox ears while giving a polite bow.


I sat down on the chair. The chair, which is weighted down heavily, lets out a small squeak of a complaint.



"Which bed do you prefer?”


“Well, not particularly.”


“...Then, I will take the bed closest to each other.”



Without waiting for her reply, I dive into bed.


The scent of the clean sheets, the comfortable softness of the bed. It's so good.



“I told them to borrow the flower vase, so you can put the Karenso flower in it, and Jaco-chan will bring it in a little while.”


"Good."



Raising my face from the pillow, I look at Spica, who is sitting in her chair, and I nod my head with a look of relief. I'm glad she is happy.


The western sun shining through the window tints the room orange. The nice fragrance of flowers tickles my nose. The comfort of the room and the softness of the bed are about to take me to very deep drowsiness.  


...Ah, this is the kind of thing that spoils people.


I can't resist my eyelids from growing heavy, and I sink into slumber.




○○○




It is a dream. I'm having a nostalgic dream.


It's a dream from when I was living in an orphanage.


I opened the window in my shabby room, letting in a soft breeze, and I ran through the branches of a tree that grew far to the window. As soon as I get through the gap in the dense woods, I find myself in the outside world.


A thick, milky fog covered the town. There were no people on the ...dusty streets, giving the impression of being deserted and lonely.


As a young boy, I headed to a small old bookstore.



"Hello."



I grabbed the rusty handle and opened the door, and the smell of dust and mildew immediately filled the air. It's not rude to say that this is a place like this ...but I wonder if I can stay there all the time and not get an allergy.


At the back of the store, there is a table that is visibly old and worn out.


At the back is an old man reading a stack of books. He was the owner of the store, and also my master of magic.


  • Translator: Heartless



<<Back>>    <<Next>>




*

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post

Advertisement

Advertisement