Chapter 19 Part 2: Inn - I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord

Chapter 19 Part 2: Inn - I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord




<<Back>>    <<Next>>


Kindly join Our Discord for Announcements


Chapter 19 Part 2:



When Spica sees me, she giggles, her lips curling into a smile.



"I’m happy.”



She takes a step away from me and covers herself with the hood slightly.



"Kah-kah. You're quite the gentleman, aren't you?”


“...That's right.”



The old lady teasingly calls out to me, and my reply is a reckless and desperate one. I cover my eyes with my hands to cool my burning face.



“... For the time being, let’s go to the inn first."



My voice is small and scratchy, like a mosquito.



"Okay."



I feel my emotions calm down from hearing Spica's words.



■■■■■




"Welcome! ...Oh? Oh!"



Her fox's ears twitched as it pokes her head out.


Her chestnut eyes, which give off a cheerful impression, roll up, and a voice of admiration escape from her mouth where her dagger-like teeth peep out.



"Kaa-san! The man from the last time is here again! He has a girl with him too!”


The fox tribe girl who has been guarding the store gets up from her seat and trots off to the backside of the store.


Spica and I, who are now left alone, look at each other and let out a wry smile.


This is a rare occurrence that greets us when we arrive at the “Slumbering Pavilion”(name of the inn).


She is the innkeeper's daughter, and as I said before, she is half human and half fox. Let's leave that story for now.



“...Spica, do you think you can stay here by yourself? No, I don't mean that in a weird way."



When she hears my words, she looks visibly frozen. After a short pause, she look at me apologetically, and then she slowly shook her head.



“...That.”


"All right."



My words that follow are either negative or an apology. I pat her head, gently through the hood.



"Well, well, well. It's been a long time.”


"I don't think it's been that long… Anyway, I’ll be in your care again.”



The person who spoke to me is a small, slender woman dressed in an orange apron.


She has chestnut eyes like her daughter's and long golden hair that reaches her waist and hangs from her neck to her chest in a single bun. On her head are fox-like ears that stick out.


A little later, a huge bear-like man appears, being led by the sign girl.


Wiping his hands on his apron, he walks across the door and his eyes are sharp. He gives the impression of a huge predator.


Despite his appearance, I know that he is a very kind-hearted man.


These three are the entire staff of Slumbering Pavilion, and they are family.



"I'm glad to see you're doing well, ...My name is Bear. Usually, I’ll be at the backside of the store. If you need anything, just tell my wife Shinoda.”



As soon as he says these words, he turns on his foot and goes back to the backside of the house. He is a pillar of the family, with a sweet tooth, good at crafts, cooking, washing, and doing all the chores.



"I'm Shinoda. Nice to meet you.”



She waves her hand lazily across her chest.



"I'm her daughter, Jaco! It's nice to meet you!”



She smiles vivaciously and waves her hand in the same position as Shinoda-san. Unlike her parents, she is cheerful and full of energy.




  • Translator: Heartless



<<Back>>    <<Next>>




*

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post

Advertisement

Advertisement