Chapter 20 Part 2: At the Inn - I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord

Chapter 20 Part 2: At the Inn - I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord




<<Back>>    <<Next>>


Kindly join Our Discord for Announcements


Chapter 20 Part 2:



“…Are you here?"


"Yes. I know it's a short time until dinner, but I was wondering if I could read a book on magic.”


"You might want to read this.”


"Thank you very much.”



I was not the talkative type, and the old shopkeeper was quiet and eccentric. 


I wonder if it's … old-age health care. People already closed their stores and are enjoying the rest of their lives by the time I left the town, but I'd like to go see them once in a while.



He once asked me, "When was the last time you were here?



"You can be the wizard you want to be. If you devote yourself to your future, you will one day reach the fairy tales of fortune tellers, healers and necromancers who can see into the future and even control life as described in the ancient books. What do you do with all that power?"


"Not much. I just want to walk around ...and see this world."


"So you do. Ha, ha, smart way to live."



He nodded his head and smoked his old pipe.




---





I let go of the world around me, and wake up from my dream with an exhale.


Guess, I was sleeping. Surely, dream is a wonderful word.


I open my eyes and see two girls sitting around a table.


One of them is Spica, and the other is Jaco-chan, who has just shown us around. The light is dim, and the lamps are lit.


Jaco-chan's eyes are wide open and her lips are quivering, as if she has just seen ...something extraordinary.


Beside her, Spica is holding her face with both hands. Her skin and ears, which fail to hide by her little hands, are stained bright red like a tomato. She seems to be embarrassed about something.


Eventually, Jaco-chan notices me looking at them and speaks to me slowly while she continues to tremble.



"Oni-san ...! Spica-chan is cute ...!"



...I know more than that.


When Spica notices me after Jaco-chan, she stares at my face, and her face turns even redder. She turns her eyes around as if she is about to fall down, and then she puts on her hood and plops down on the desk.


What the hell are they talking about?



“Don't pick on her too much.”



While talking to Jaco-chan, I’m filled with joy that the two of them get along well enough to talk. Good, really good.


It's hard to make her talk with a pure human, but I’m hoping it will be Jaco-chan, who is half my age. I haven't done anything, but I feel like I've accomplished one of the more difficult missions in the game. The achievement bonus … is my self pleasure. If it doesn't come with ...gacha stones, I'm going to start complaining.


Jaco-chan's eyebrows lift, and then she looks distressed. Once again she looks at Spica, she then looks at me and gives me another look.


Hmmm… She is a good person. Hmmm. I've made up my mind. I'm going to be nosy now. So please don't get angry and listen!


What a backward thing to say. Anyway, what is it that she wants to say to me?



"Okay. Just tell me."


"If you want to be equal with Spica, I think you should show more of your clumsy side!... You see, when you came here before, you were useless and sloppy in some ways, weren't you?"



… I will be lying if I say I didn't have a clue. 


Ummm, she nods with a mysterious look on her face as she firmly brings her knee-tips together on the bed she is sitting on.



"Spica, you are being too careful. He is a good person, and you should be able to say what you're feeling for him. I think you know more than I do."



Spica shivers as she falls down on the floor.


Jaco-chan exaggeratedly wipes her forehead and smiles, as if to cover up her embarrassment.



"I hope it works out for you! So, if you'll excuse me. See you later!”



After making a wish for her (our) future. She finally leaves the room with her tail wagging, but she has a serious look on her face.



  • Translator: Heartless



<<Back>>    <<Next>>




2 Comments

Post a Comment
Previous Post Next Post

Advertisement

Advertisement