Chapter 22 Part 1: Drinking place & Meeting Gareth’-chan’ - I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord

Chapter 22 Part 1: Drinking place & Meeting Gareth’-chan’ - I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord




<<Back>>    <<Next>>


Kindly join Our Discord for Announcements


Chapter 22 Part 1:



"Here it is."

The paper, illuminated by the light peeking in from the window in front of me, is a hand-drawn map with the words ‘Drinking Place - Gareth-chan’ highlighted in a circle. I compare the words with the words on the signboard in front of the door. Well, the letters are exactly the same.


...The hustle and bustle of people reverberate through the thick doors.


Slowly, I open the heavy wooden door with anticipation and a little anxiety to see what kind of place it will be.


I’m greeted by the heat and the smell of alcohol that hit the back of my head. And it is not the end.



"Ah, you're new?"



With a red face, sour voice, a beer belly, eyes as thin as threads, a smoking pipe and also a bald head reflecting the light.


If I’m taking all the elements of a bar owner and translating them into a person, it will look something like him. His looks are somewhere between a mature man and an old man, staring at me with his arms crossed.



“...Gareth’-chan’, is that you?"


"Yes. I'm Gareth’-chan’. Why? Do you have a problem with the name my wife gave me for the restaurant?”


“...I'm sorry.”


"Hmph. It's getting a little damp at night. Have a seat.”



...The name Gareth’-chan’ gave me an image of a cute sign girl, so I’m shocked. I wonder if anyone who hears this story will be able to relate.


I sit down on the chair while looking around the store.


The first thing that I see is the memo paper that covers the entire wall. There is something written in small letters all over the place. I move my eyes a few times, looking at the owner and the wall.


I let the magic run through my eyes and look at the words.



"Carly's story. According to her, the first step to quitting smoking is self-sacrifice and holy water."


"Meteorites, fluorite, and liquor dal. Listen, you're a cactus."


"To grow as a person, first make four choices and do them. And don't laugh at farts."



I can't believe my eyes. I know it as a word, but it didn't make any sense.


I look at the owner and he is laughing at me.



"Ha, they are notes that only I can understand. Even though … I wrote it in the mood of the moment, so there are some things that even I don't understand when I look back on it later.”



… But it is crazy to see all around the walls and for some reason it is creeping me out.


But still, fluorite and cactus. Can someone tell me the connection between these words, I can't think with my head. If I ask Gareth what they meant, will he tell me? Thinking about this, I sit down on the chair I’m directed to.



"You've got a good eye, by the way.”


Thanks. It's not purely physical ability, though, since I use magic.





"There's been a lot of talk outside of town. I'd like to know if there's been any buzz outside of town and any kind of uproar about the beastmen.”


"...Well, that's a tough one."


I ask a few questions as I order.


"Let me ask you a question. Does that question have anything to do with the young lady who came to town with you today?"



...I’m about to get up from my chair. While a bead of unpleasant sweat appears on my back.


He might be informed by Turker-san. 



"What is it? ...It's boring. You don't seem that surprised. Hey, Carly."



Gareth-’chan’ calls out to an old lady sitting by the wall, drinking a drink. The old lady smiles and waves her hand, showing a friendly smile. It’s the same old lady who sold me flowers when I arrived in town.


I see, she must have told him about it.



“... No, I was surprised enough. It's bad for my heart."


"Hahaha, just kidding. But still, I see. Mmm ...Mm-hmm."



Gareth-’chan’ looks into my eyes and crosses his arms, letting out a low growl that sounds like the snoring of a demon.


  • Translator: Heartless



<<Back>>    <<Next>>




*

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post

Advertisement

Advertisement