Chapter 29 (Part 1) - Continuing Shopping - I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord

Chapter 29 (Part 1) - Continuing Shopping - I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord




<<Back>>    <<Next>>


Kindly join Our Discord for Announcements


Chapter 29 (Part 1):



A breeze blew. 


The breeze, filled with the gentle scent of flowers, feels good, and the remaining heat in my core relaxes.


Neither of us opens our mouths.


A pleasant silence spills out from inside my heart. A quiet space in the midst of the hustle and bustle of everyday life in the city.


It's nice to be able to enjoy this kind of time, isn't it? This thought crosses my mind, and I look up at the sky, feeling embarrassed. 


I stretch with my whole body. I take in a deep breath.



"Should we go now?"


"Okay.”


"Let's get back to shopping.”



I get up from the fountain and hold out my hand to Spica, who is sitting on a bench. Spica grasps my hand firmly and stands up.


The hem of her cloak flutters like flower petals.


We walk in the midst of the bustling crowd.


The stores along the street are full of people coming and going.


The flowers in front of the stores sway gently in the breeze, their bright colors delighting our eyes. We walk in the early summer sun, avoiding the lush green leaves sticking out of the road ahead.



"Hey, tell me about Sun-kun."



Spica suddenly calls out to me.



“...me? Is it fun to hear that?”



I can’t help but extend the end of my sentence.


Spica nods her head and she turns around, not paying attention to me.


Then she says, “That’s right, I’m interested to know more about you."



"But still.”



...If she wants to hear, I'll say it. It's not something to hide.



"What do you want to hear?”


"Well, what do you hate? What do you like?”


"Worm-eating, grief, and people with bad intentions.”


"What do you like …?


"Travel. Delicious food. Beautiful scenery. The rest, well..."



A few words came out of my mouth.



"I like the time we spend walking together like this."



When Spica hears these words, she takes a step in front of me and turns around.


She looks away from me, smiles faintly, and says, "I like it too.”



“I'm glad.”



I nod as I exhale and am deeply relieved. I know that she does not hate me, but hearing it in words and not hearing it in words are two very different things.


After a moment, Spica takes a small breath and tugs at the hem of my clothes.



"Where are you going now?"


"Definitely, we're going to the clothing store again, right?”



What should I do now? I've bought some food, and I've gotten Spica's traveling clothes ready. I also bought some recovery potions at the tool store. Now I just need to find some small travel gear.


A knife is an absolute necessity if you are going to travel in earnest, clean clothes, a small bag or cord, something to use as a fire pit in case you can't cast a spell, some calorie-dense nuts, and a charm to ward off demons. 



"You also need a change of clothes, because traveling isn't all fun and games. You'll need to have some medicines in case something goes wrong, as well as some restoratives. Also, it would be nice to have something reassuring, like a scent bag, to help us through the restless nights."



Hearing me, Spica giggles.


****
  • Translator: Heartless



<<Back>>    <<Next>>




*

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post

Advertisement

Advertisement