Chapter 4: I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord

Chapter 4: I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord




<<Back>>    <<Next>>


Chapter 4: Conversation



Finally, I jumped off the ice and … landed on the ground.


As I consumed more mana than usual, I'm exhausted. While breathing a sigh of relief, I stepped on the ground.


The ground I landed on is quite a bit farther away from where I was before.


The animal's fur, which Spica had been lying on, might have been caught in the explosion and destroyed. It is my favorite fur, and it made me a little sad.


Anyway.



"Arghhh, I'm so tired. I've never run in the sky like that before.”



Spica looks at me with a shocked expression. Hmm, I've never seen her making that expression before.


Because 


No one actually wants to step on the ice and run through the sky. One wrong move could result in instant death, and the mana a human has is limited. Surely, my recklessness has caused a great deal of mental fatigue. In fact, I was extremely tired right now.


In any case, it would be much easier if I walked on my own or used a service like a horse-drawn carriage to replace my legs.



"Well, we're both lucky to be alive, aren't we?”


"... Baka."



I turned my head away and sighed again.


I think so too.



"Well, let's eat for now. Thank you for holding the pot for me.”



I took the pot I handed me and decided to heat it up again.


I quickly took out the firewood from the pouch and made fire with my fingertip.


I also took out two furs and secured a place for me and Sepia to sit.



"Why don't we have a little chat while the fire stabilizes? Well, if you don't want to talk to a human, I'll talk to you anyway."



Although she didn't reply, Spica stared at me.


... I'm just thankful that she does not refuse to talk or try to wield her weapon as she did just a few minutes ago.


Before opening my mouth again, I rummaged through my pouch.


Soon, I pulled out a magic item and held it out for Spica to see.



"Do you know what this is?"



What I offered was a magic item called a fairy feather.


The feathers on the back of the fairy race are not real features. Instead, the fairies make it look like feathers.


Spica shakes her head in silence. You don't know?



"This is… well, look at it."



I licked my lips with my tongue and took in a little breath.


I then clutched the feature tightly and opened my mouth.



"I have a good relationship with the fairy race and I received this item as a token of friendship. There is no...change."



As I said, the fairy feather did not show anything.


I don't really want to say what I'm about to say in front of Spica right now, but I have to say it.



"I invaded the fairy race and took this item.”



As soon as I told her the lie, the fairy wings glowed strongly. It saw through my lie.



"'When I lie, the feather glows like this.”



Although it is not recognized by… humans, it has a function that everyone who knows about this item will want. I'm not going to give it away no matter how much money I'm stuffed with, also it was given to me as a token of friendship and I can’t sell it for money.



"I declare that I don't discriminate against humans, beasts, or even demons, as long as they can understand my language.”



I don't know how much effect my own words will have, but at least I want Spica to hear that.


Let’s put it another way.



"I have never thought or attempted to harm the Dragonborn Drakhs. I also have no intention of harming Spica, who is right in front of me."



The feathers did not glow.



"That's it. In case you're wondering that I'm lying again. Then… I'm not human."



The fairy's wings glowed again, casting dark shadows in the area.


I'm not expecting her to trust me with this. 


She's probably lonely. So I thought it would be easier for Spica if she had a place where she could be alone without worrying.


I looked at her sideways, but… there was no noticeable reaction.



"Give me that."



I offer it to her silently. I have nothing to be ashamed of.



"I am an elf."



In a small whispered voice, Spica utters those words and the feather responds with a  glow.



"... I have a grudge against humans and want to destroy them.”



The feather did not glow.


...well, that’s right.


From the looks of Spica, the demise of her homeland was a near-death event. Her clothes were tattered, she was worn out, and her actions were rash. If I think about it, it could have happened a few hours ago, just before she met me.


I don't recall ever hearing of a dragon man drakh village in this forest, but I've heard of villages being built secretly, hidden from other races.


I'd be lying if I said I didn't care about it… but if you ask questions to confirm, that could be a dead end. And her parents were killed in front of her. 



"Hey, can I just ask you this? If you don't want to answer, you can hand me the feather.”


“..."


"Spica, do you want to live?”


"I still want to live. I don't want to die."



The feathers didn’t glow.



"Thank you. Let's go...for dinner."



Before I knew it, the fire hadn't changed its shape much, bringing a steady stream of heat and light between us.


I put the pot on.


For a moment, silence enveloped us.


The shadows grew darker, and the air around us smelled of night.


Listening to the buzzing of insects, I took out a new container to replace the blown-out bowl, poured in the stew, and handed it to Spica.


She took it without saying a word and ...gently sipped it.



"How is it good?


"...You cook better than my mother.”



She said it in a very cute way, and tears welled up on her cheeks again.


I wondered if the warmth in her stomach had loosened her nerves.


I turned my head away and cleaned up my own meal, pretending not to notice.


  • Translator: Heartless


<<Back>>    <<Next>>


1 Comments

  1. he cook better than her mother. best compliment !

    ReplyDelete
Post a Comment
Previous Post Next Post

Advertisement

Advertisement