Chapter 5 part 1: I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord

Chapter 5 part 1: I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord




<<Back>>    <<Next>>


Chapter 5 part 1:



The sun came out slightly and dyed the area with the sunrise.


The magic spell which I had cast to make the fire last night was still emitting a faint light under the sun, enveloping the area like a mist.


Even my own vision was somewhat blurred due to the dense morning fog. Reds, purples, and yellows mist can be clearly visible to the naked eye, it’s due to a poisonous plant unique to this region.


The ... atmosphere is still ridiculously bad.


I took a deep breath as I got up from my bed.


Last night, we didn't have any conversation after that, and we both went to bed wrapped in the blanket that I took out from the pouch.


Incidentally, this blanket is a magic artifact that automatically removes dirt and grime when I apply a magic spell on it. I'm really glad that I bought more than one blanket. In the past, I've even slept without any clothes on. So considering that I'll be traveling in the cold and winter areas, I bought extra clothing for emergencies.


At night, I've also set up a barrier to keep my surroundings away from beasts. However, I should not be careless, as there are demons with great strength and demons with the ability to pass through the barrier. Well, such demons are rare.


I sat up and cast the cleanse magic to my body while patting my forehead and pondering.


Of course, it is about Spica Velvet, who is still sleeping on the other side of the campfire. 


I looked at her to see how she was doing.


Spica, who must be tired, was deeply asleep.


Under the sun, her appearance is quite striking. Her eyes are swollen and there are tears down on her cheeks, but that doesn't detract from Spica's beautiful face.


Her skin is as white as virgin snow, her nose is clear, and her lips are red. Her slender outline looked fragile, giving a vibe of mystery. It is no exaggeration to say that if she makes one of those warm smiles, it will definitely make the most beautiful girl in the country 


By her appearance, she seemed to be about sixteen years old for a human. Even so, it wouldn't make much difference. I've heard that their race grows up like humans to a certain extent and then ages slowly. The only disadvantage of their race is the difficulty in having children. However, the love and bond between their race are very strong. This can be said the same for Spica's condition.


I've heard rumors that their horns, a characteristic of dragonkin (Dragon race), can be used to make high-quality medicines that improve physical strength, or that the scales can be roasted and drunk as medicines for intractable diseases.


Maybe these rumors were the reason why the humans attacked Spica’s homeland.


Whatever it is, it's annoying.


The question is, what will I’ve to do with this girl?


If Spica and I part ways here, it's going to be a straight path to the demon king's (Spica’s) demise, and the other problem is that Spica's race and appearance are too superior. If she's alone, she'll definitely attract attention.


Spica's high combat ability is also a problem for me. She could go berserk and rush to kill humans for revenge, spreading destruction and slaughtering the entire human race.


I don't know if Spica will ever listen to me, a human... But if the Dragon race would listen to me I can stop her from turning into Demon Lords. If that's the case, sending this to the Dragon race is the best choice.


At the very least, it would be better to keep an eye on her until I get her to a dragon race she trusts.


Whatever the reason was, I simply couldn't seem to leave her alone in front of me.



"... Uh."



I've decided. 


I have to persuade Spica to travel with me for a while.


I got out of the blanket to get ready for breakfast. The air was so humid and sticky that it was hard to describe how I felt.


The charcoal and other materials in the fire pit were too wet to be of any use. So, I rummaged through my pouch and pulled out a few things that I thought would make good igniters.


I rifled through the pouches again, looking for something that would make a good breakfast ingredient.


Dried noodles?


I guess I will make Pasta for breakfast.


Thinking about the recipe at random, I got up to train my magic in the time it would take for Spica to wake up.

Thinking of a suitable recipe, I got up to do some magic training in the time until Spica wakes up.


Leaning against a suitable tree, I closed my eyes.


I slowly let my mana spread through my body and release it little by little out of my body.


In order to keep the mana from dissipating, I put it in a lump and pulled cast a spell.


Low-level ice spell.


One, ten, twenty...fifty.


The glowing blue-white spherical mana that appeared around me increased in number with each time.


Without releasing control over mana, I manipulate it further while manifesting the mystique of magic.


Ten ice bolts are grouped together and transformed into a huge bolt of mana. On the other hand, I tried to disperse them and keep the surface intact, feeling like a barrage.


I can make them move around me at high speed and even pause, or I can leave them to their inertia and make them follow an irregular trajectory.


Each of these ice shots is a low-grade ice spell. Considering the drain on magic power, it would be better to use higher-level spells, but when traveling, it is sometimes difficult to cast high-powered spells over a wide area like this forest. It's convenient for those times, and it's also perfect for my training.


But there is one disadvantage.


It's cold. That's only natural since the ice particles are flying around at close range.



"It's cold. It's so cold… Good morning."


“...what’s this mess?"



I throw a greeting to Spica, who seems to have woken up before I know it and now she is staring at me.


It's not long since the sun came up, but it's a little early to wake up.



"You're early."


"There's a stupid amount of mana being used next to me. Anyone will wake up even if they don't want to.”


"... Sorry about that.”


"As I suspected from your reckless flight last night, you have an unusual amount of mana and great control over it.”


"Yes."



I closed my eyes and nodded. Well, I'm aware of it.


I can't deny that I'v0e been pushing my limits with...magic.



“Well, some people are like that.”



Just like the heroes and heroines who will be born in the future, and the comrades who will become their friends.



"I'm going to make breakfast. Are there any ingredients that you don't like or that your body doesn't accept?”


"It’s okay… Thanks.”


“...Oh”

  • Translator: Heartless




<<Back>>    <<Next>>

*

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post