Chapter 6 part 1: I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord

Chapter 6 part 1: I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord




<<Back>>    <<Next>>


Join Our Discord for Annoucements.


Chapter 6: Somehow (Part 1)



Let's travel together.


Hearing my words, Spica first looked at me in surprise and then looked at me with a stern look.


The air around us froze.


The not-so-called bad atmosphere that had been flowing till now has instantly turned tense.



"Why?... Why are you doing this? I told you I would destroy the humans, and I even pointed my sword at you!” 



… Well, it’s natural when she asks about it.


She was traumatized by humans to the point of becoming a demon lord. So, she must be wondering how a human could ask her to travel with him.


Maybe, it was Spica's first time encountering a human after her village was attacked.


Some people think that humans are all stupid and violent, willing to abuse other races for their greed.


Well, it does not end there.


Even among humans, there are constant conflicts, having no limit to their greed. It's a part of human nature.


But… It's not a bad thing. Greed is what makes life convenient and gives a reason to improve ourselves and work harder. Whether it goes in the right direction or skews in the wrong direction depends on the person.


However, I don't think that's what Spica wants to hear about.


The sunlight passes through the gaps in the woods and falls on Spica. She is enveloped in warm daylight, but her slender body looks unreliable and fragile.


...The image of her in the game passes through my mind. When I saw her like that, she was neither happy nor sad, but the sense of loneliness and agony.


For some reason, I don't like it.

 

I make eye contact with Spica. 


Her gaze is still grim while her eyes hesitate slightly.


The girl in front of me now is not just a game character. But if she continues this way, she will probably become the Demon lord.


I'm certain that Spica’s fate depends on this conversation.


I let out a small exhalation and think about what I can do best.


…I went through my magic pouch and took out a fairy feather.



"I'm not a good talker. I don't know if I can express myself well, so I'm going to rely on this guy."



While saying that, I pointed the feather at Spica so that she could see it clearly. This is the same feather I used last night to detect lies.



"What I'm about to say is what I really mean. As a human being, I can't let an existence go wild and destroy humans."



This is one of my true intentions.


When Spica heard my words, I could not describe her expression. It wasn't the angry expression she had earlier, nor was it cold. It was a serious expression that gave off an impression of being more mature than she looks.


The emotion I could faintly read on her face was conviction and understanding. That's all I can think of.


She opened her mouth to say something, but before she could, I spoke again.



"And, uh, … I can’t do that so I’ll not leave you alone."



...Damn, this is so embarrassing.



"It's just because I’m worried about you."



Spica stares at me with dotted eyes and her mouth wide open.


... The blood rushed to my cheeks turning them red in the process.


As I was telling the truth, the feathers do not glow.


I don’t have a cold, but I feel a shiver run through my body. I'm probably doing something insanely embarrassing at the moment.


But I'd better not look away.


Due to the extreme embarrassment, I twisted my mouth into a distorted shape as she stared at the tips of the feature swaying in her hands.


One second.


Ten seconds.


One minute.



".... Hey, say something."



A few minutes had passed.


I felt so hot that my ears might burn, and Spica, who hadn't said a word, brought me to my limit.


I don’t know whether she heard my words or not, but her thin chin slowly moved. The next thing I knew, Spica was slowly moving to the feather that I had been pointing at her and then moved up to my face again.


You can't change a feather by looking at it like that.


… After a few moments of silence, I couldn't really look at Spica's face.



"Damn, this is so embarrassing.”



My earlier resolve was easily fizzled out.


Having decided it was best not to look away, I shove the feather into my pouch and turned my body to face the opposite side of Spica, and held my head.


As I was scratching my head in embarrassment, I heard a lovely voice behind me that seemed to melt into thin air.



"You're worried about me, human? ...Hahahaha."



This is the most lively laugh I've ever heard.



“... Hey, what’s wrong about it?”


"There's nothing wrong with that… So you were worried about me."



Spica whispered to herself but not to me.


She whispers to herself as I cover my face with my hand.



"There are many kinds of humans.”



Yes, there are many kinds of humans, at least for the half-dragons.


I'm not trying to be smug, but I hope that my encounter with her will have a positive effect on her.


But I'm unable to look at Spica for a while because of that.


Sighing to myself I looked up at the sky, yet my face still remained red.


  • Translator: Heartless



<<Back>>    <<Next>>




*

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post

Advertisement