Chapter 12 Part 2: Good Morning- I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord

Chapter 12 Part 2: Good Morning- I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord




<<Back>>    <<Next>>


Join Our Discord for Annoucements.


Chapter 12: Good Morning (Part 2)




“Come on”



In my case, I felt a sense of urgency that this world might be threatened by the demon lord in the near future, so I increased my skill level.


I reply in a reasonable manner while rolling over near the campfire. Since I have been working on the ice all night, the fire has been burning all night, and will continue to do so until morning.


Lying down on the ground just like that, my body is gently enveloped with warmth, and drowsiness slowly fills me.


As expected, I’m tired and I don’t have the strength to even lift a finger.



"Your hair… is shaggy."


"Yes, I rolled around a lot. I'll put some water on it later.”


“...Okay."



Well, I didn’t think she would reply to me. 


Spica nods her head as if making up her mind about something.


I hear the sound of Spica, who was looking up at the dragon till now, coming towards me. Just when I’m thinking she is right beside me, she reaches out her hand to my head fearfully.


Her slender cold fingers touch my head, and my heart jumps harder than ever.



"What's wrong?"



I ask as calmly as I can, trying to hide my shock.



"Don't move. I'm going to fix your hair.”


"Thank you for that… why all of a sudden?"


"Because you have been so nice to you. I thought I should… do something."



When I hear those words, I’m instantly taken aback. And then, slowly, the joy that fills my heart spills out without me even trying to hide it.



"Spica, you're a nice girl."



Spica didn't reply but in response her fingers which are combing my hair trembles slightly.


...I can understand. I too feel embarrassed when people say that face to face.


I'm not sure why, but I feel an inexplicable kind of self-consciousness about being stroked on the head by a younger girl. However, the tip of her fingers tickling my head is so comfortable that I simply can't resist.


Spica's fingers continue to touch my hair gently.


...Gradually, the pleasant warmth spreads throughout my body making me feel more drowsy.


I open my mouth to shake it off.



"If someone treats you well and you try to reciprocate it, then you're a good person. I've seen a lot of people in my life, and I can tell you that.


“...Oh, yes, I've got some pot-au-feu on the table. Go ahead and eat it. When we get things settled, Let’s make dinner together.”



But my words remain confusing and incomplete.


My thoughts became slow and sluggish as I was surrounded by the most comfortable feeling ever.


I'm sleepy. Very sleepy.



"My bad. I'm going to sleep for a bit. When I'm done, we'll go to the surface.”



I don't know whether I’m able to complete my sentence well, but I let go of my consciousness as the oncoming sleepiness overtook me.


I let go of my consciousness.



■■■



As I open my eyes, I vaguely see Spica’s figure facing the ice dragon with her back to me.


She reaches out her hand gently to touch something reverent and poked it with her index finger.



"...It’s cold."



She continues to spread her hand and gently strokes the icy protrusion.



“Even though these scales are fake, it feels real."



She crouches down to the ground, staring at her claws and muttering.



“...These are Claws made well."



She crawls underneath its belly and looks up at the dragon as if to stare at it.



"Its belly has traces of wind crystals. This is a regular size for a dragon. … Sun-kun seems to know a lot about dragons."



That's not true. It's because of the previous knowledge from my past life.


Spica continues to stare at the dragon and opens her mouth again.



"...I think it's true that Sun-kun was controlling it. But still, all I could think was that it was alive. He explained it to me properly, but..."



She extends her index finger again and pokes in its belly.



"Hello. Is there anyone in there?..."



She calls out to the dragon in a small, fearful voice.


While watching Spica, I was completely awake in the middle of the show and struggling to hold back the laughter that was welling up in me.


The mischief in me squirmed. I secretly let my magic flow so that Spica would not find out about it.



“You found me out, little girl. The truth is, despite what Sun-kun said, I'm still conscious. Also, the lord of the Devil’s Den is me."


"Whoa, whoa, whoa!”



Spica turns at me with great speed. Of course, I close my eyes and pretend to be asleep.


Spica, who has confirmed that I’m sleeping, panics and holds her mouth tightly in an exaggerated way, then turns to the dragon and calls out to him fearfully.



"Um, Sun-kun is asleep, so please lower your voice. Did you really mean it, really?...”


“Yes, of course. Are you surprised? I was staying in a wind crystal, staring at the outside world."


"....Oh, really? That's tough, isn’t it?"



She nods with a serious face.



"Well, did Sun-kun tell you about me?…”


"I bet, ha..haha. I can't stand it, ah, haha..."



I turn my back to Spica and laugh on the spot.



“….Hey, Sun-kun?"



The tone of voice is horrifyingly cold. It’s the coldest voice I've ever heard, even in a game.


Even after hearing her, it took a while for the laughter to die down, and then I looked over at Spica's face. Surprisingly, she has a big smile on her face. However, her eyes aren't smiling.


Oh no. I overdid it.



"I just wanted to make fun of you because you are so cute. Sorry about that."



When Spica hears my words, she rolls her eyes as if the poison has been drained out of her, and after a moment, she closes her eyes and exhales as if she has given up.



“I was really impressed. But I don't think this kind of thing is good."



It looks like the only option I have is to apologize.



  • Translator: Heartless



<<Back>>    <<Next>>




5 Comments

Post a Comment
Previous Post Next Post

Advertisement

Advertisement