Chapter 6 Part 2: I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord

Chapter 6 Part 2: I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord




<<Back>>    <<Next>>


Join Our Discord for Annoucements.


Chapter 6: Somehow (Part 2)


■■■■■



".... Stop sulking like that already.”


"I'm not sulking.”


"Then stop being shy.”


"Shut up.”


"You're like a child.”


"Leave me alone."



A laugh comes from behind me as if she can't hold it in.


I'm sure this is her true personality.



"So, where are you heading on your trip?”


“... Firstly, I was thinking of going to the village of Parose. I was hoping to get some supplies and information there while sightseeing, which is also my goal."


"So you're going sightseeing?"


"Well, we've come this far, haven't we? So, Spica, what do you want to do?..."



I stopped showing my back for good and asked Spica directly.


To be honest, I'm not really sulking. No, I'm really not. I don't know to whom I'm talking, but I'm mumbling in my mouth.


When I turned around, I gasped at the sight of Spica Velvet.


Her presence now looked quite different from before. It was as if she became a different person.


Under the sunlight, her figure is still eye-catching as ever.


Her silver hair was like clear running water and her eyes peeking out from under her bangs.


The eyes that used to be filled with hatred are now with joy. Not only that, her presence which had been so fragile that it seemed to melt and disappear soon had now changed for the better.


Somehow, I felt shy to stare at her and dropped my gaze downward. I don't know whether she misunderstood me or not, but she covered her mouth with her hand and laughed like the sound of a bell.



" Well, now that you've asked, I'll join you, human."



... If someone else asked these words, I would be quite coercive. But the girl in front of me said while laughing happily.



"Haha...It’s my honor to travel with you, dragon girl… Please take care of me"


“I'm sorry to trouble you, but I'm counting on you as well.”



Spica bowed with an auspicious attitude. What is this girl talking about?


"It’s about when I stabbed you in the stomach, I’ve caused you a lot of trouble. So don't hesitate to curse me. It’s the only way I will feel better."



“...Huh"


"... What?”


"No, thank you.”


"Ooh."



… When Spica raised her voice at me, I was afraid of what would happen, but I'm glad it turned out alright. Really.


I look away from her as she drops to her feet and looks at me, and puts out the fire. After that, I gather up the charcoal, and toss it into a tub made of ice, cover it, and plunge it into the porch.


The charcoal, for example, does not decompose naturally and remains as garbage.


Well, there is no one to blame if I did that, but the trash can be found lying around in a busy camping area, and it is a habit that has been ingrained in me from my previous life.



"...Do you need any help?"


“No, I'm fine. I'll let you help me when I need it, but for now, just rest.”


"Okay.”


"Oh, yeah. Here, let me help you. Put it on."



I tossed the hooded cloak from my pouch at her and Spica did as I said, but I noticed her eyes glowing at my sudden action.



"I'm sorry for using my old one, but pica's appearance is a little too conspicuous, but it would be helpful if you go out in public.


"...It’s to hide that I’m a half-dragon, right?"



She seemed disappointed by my words and said with a somewhat depressed tone.


She turned away while putting on her hood.



" Uh, no, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I just thought that since you're pretty, you'd definitely stand out in front of people.


"..Y-yes."



After a few seconds, I heard her saying that in a low voice but the cloak made me unable to see her face.


Well...if she heard it out of the blue, it would be difficult to react.


After a moment, as if to break the ice, I opened my mouth again.



"So, let's go. It's in this direction and shouldn't be too long for us to reach.



I turned my back to Spica, who had stood up, and began to walk while moving her body to loosen the stiffness from the tense conversation.


  • Translator: Heartless



<<Back>>    <<Next>>




3 Comments

Post a Comment
Previous Post Next Post

Advertisement

Advertisement