Chapter 7 Part 1: I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord

Chapter 7 Part 1: I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord




<<Back>>    <<Next>>


Join Our Discord for Annoucements.


Chapter 7: Crossing the Forest (Part 1)



"...Hey."



It wasn't long after we started walking that Spica called out to me.


Though it was only one word, I can feel that it held a variety of emotions.


When I turned my head, she was looking at me with her scarlet eyes.


I’m somewhat nervous with the clear and innocent impression of those eyes. I had a sense of déjà vu, and what came back to me was my childhood memory. It's the eyes of a child asking questions to the parent.



"Parose is a human town, isn't it?"


"...Ah. Yes, it is.”


"Why did you want to go there?”



...Spica, who had said that she was holding a grudge against humans and wanted to kill them. So, she might be wondering why I am taking her to human village?


I knew that she would ask me, so I’ve already prepared the answer in advance.



"There are many kinds of humans.”



It was the same words I had muttered earlier.


I want her to come into contact with various humans and have an idea that all humans are not the same. It may be difficult to make her understand all this right now, but still, I want to try, even if it's just for a little while. I hope she can enjoy her trip…  At least when she is with me...


I’m following my own feelings and doing it without thinking of the future impact on her.


I don't know whether this is a good thing to do or not. Maybe it will only deepen her wound.


It reminds me of the Demon Lord's words in the game.



"Die in endless hatred and despair for me."



I just didn't want her to face a future where she would say these words with a cold tone that doesn’t value anyone else's life and sacrifice them for the sake of revenge.



"Huh, You don’t like it? It's fun to walk through unexplored areas like this. Do you want to look for a Dragon people settlement without walking in the beautiful scenery and not visiting the towns?"



As I didn't take into consideration Spica's feelings, I decided to discuss it with her when she asked.


When she heard my words, she hid her face with her hood and asked me in a small, hushed voice again



"What are you going to do if I went on a rampage in the human village?”


"... I will not let you or anyone else hurt you and if we face any trouble, I'll take Spica and run away.”



I was planning to do that when I chose to travel with her.



“O-okay."



She turned her head away with her hood up.



"I wonder what kind of Palouse village is like?”


"Huh, you don't know?”


"Well, I've never heard of it.”



I wonder if the village of the dragon people is living in the depths of the whispering forest.



"In the village of Parose, I heard there is a huge hole called the 'Devil's Mouth,' from which screams are heard every night.”


"Isn't that dangerous?”


"No, the owner of the voice has never appeared, and the surrounding demons do not like the sound. As long as you turn a blind eye to those screams, it’s pretty much a safe place.”



Even if someone doesn't know the name of Parose Village, the existence of the demon's big mouth is well known. There is no end for talking about this big hole and its screams.


And yet, she had never heard of it. Even if she wasn't in the Whispering Forest, she would have known about the big hole if she was anywhere near the forest.


Didn't the Dragon people have a settlement in this area? I don't understand.


But it would be better not to ask Spica. This story touches a sensitive part of my heart and it's not something I could say if I had wanted to take her to a human settlement on the spur of the moment, but if I’m thinking of Spica, it's probably premature.



"The Devil's Mouth. The only place like that is in Parose Village. I thought I should take the time to see it."



Instead of answering her, I said something dangerous. Of course, I meant it.



“...I don't know."



A single sigh escaped from behind her hood. Apparently, I was taken aback.


In a world infested with demons, traveling not for money but for sightseeing is a fool's errand. Well, I'm aware of that.


I crossed my arms, closed my eyes, and nodded deeply.


When I opened my eyes, I saw Spica staring up at me.



"'W-What's up?'


"... It’s fine. We are going to Parose Village."


“... Uh… oh. Okay."



As I brushed my hair back, a sigh escaped from the bottom of my heart.


All that was left to do was to enjoy the sightseeing in Parose Village without anything happening. It's the same as always, I'm sure we'll be fine.


  • Translator: Heartless



<<Back>>    <<Next>>




1 Comments

Post a Comment
Previous Post Next Post

Advertisement

Advertisement