Chapter 18 Part 1 :City of Flowers - I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord

Chapter 18 Part 1 :City of Flowers - I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord




<<Back>>    <<Next>>


Kindly join Our Discord for Announcements


Chapter 18 Part 1:



A sweet and pleasant fragrance tickles the back of my nose while the yellow flowers sway softly in the background.


Spica, spinning across the carpet of flowers, moves ahead of me on the road. Her face, peeking through the gap in her hood, is expressionless, but her spirit is high.



"You seem to be in a good mood."



When she hears my words, she stops moving and approaches me with light footsteps.


Spica, whose face is dyed red, looks up at me and gives me a big smile.


...Oh, she’s so pretty.


I tap my fingers laboriously on my rapidly beating heart and exhale to calm my thoughts.


I can tell that she is enjoying herself fully, I averted my gaze from the mock joyfulness of her smile, which was not her usual unconscious smile.


Ahead of us, a field of flowers spread out in a continuous line. Yellow, red, peach, and white, the colors varying regularly.


I stop in my tracks and slowly enjoy the fragrance that fills my heart. Even with my eyes closed, the scent makes me think of yellow like it's colored.


When I open my eyes… I see Spica tugging at the edge of her deeply covered hood, as if embarrassed. She seem to move in a small run and then ducked a step behind me.



“...Do you like flowers?'


“We dragon people pride ourselves on living and dying by nature. Nature is our companion. … I especially like flowers."



I see, no wonder her spirit is so high. I can imagine the simple and diligent way of life from the way she spoke.


I nod my head.



"Aren't we going?"


"Yes, I guess so. Let's go.”



She followed my words, but the scenery around me did not move at all. The gates in front of us and the small station beside us grew larger and larger, and I finally felt like I’m walking.



"The town is full of flowers like this, and the inhabitants wear them in their daily lives. I don't know if it's because of this, but there are many generous people in the town of Miel. ...So, it will be easy for Spica to spend time here.


And besides," I continue.


"The inn where I'm planning to stay is run by a couple of foxmen, a ninko and a human. Don't be surprised if you see them.”



He doesn’t care what I call him, and his wife is a fox-man. They have a daughter too. She's probably close to Spica's age, though I don't know the exact number because I didn't ask.


She looks vaguely convinced as I speak.



"I'm a dragon-man who does things when I have to.”


"What do you mean?"


"I'm traveling with San-kun. So I'm sure I will be fine.”



I feel an indescribable feeling in my heart as she lowers her head and says those words.


Because Spica said the same thing when I arrived at Parose Village.



“...I see."


"You seem to be worried about something.”


“...Spica is like a little cat, so I can't shake my worry.”


"Mmm. I'm a dragon. I'm not a cat.”


"It is a fable that cats can be intimidating with their fur, they can scare you, or they can even mess with you.”



See, it's just like Spica.


When she heard this, she didn't reply, but turned away and took another step backward, smiling a little so as not to hide it.



"We're approaching the entrance to the town. If anything happens to us, we'll escape this time. So let's take it easy and have fun."



At the end of the road was an open gate, behind which we can see people going through their daily lives.



"Hey, Sun-kun."



The words are spoken in a soft tone while her fingers gently pick at her dress. I can feel the strong emotion in her voice.



"Thank you for thinking of me. I'm sorry for making you worry.“


“...Mmmm”



This time, I felt like putting on a hood. Until now, I don't know what it is about being told directly like this. I feel pretty embarrassed.


We moved our arms and legs awkwardly, and both of us walked a little slower than before to the gate.



"Whoa, isn't that the traveler who visited a while ago?”


"Thank you for your hospitality. I'm back again.”


"You name, it was Seung or sung something like that. Sorry, I forgot."


"Ha, that's a shame. It’s neither Seung or Sung. You can call me Sun.”


"I'm Turker, I'm one of the low-ranked guards here. I'm mainly stationed at the gate, remember me, okay?


"I got it.”



He held out his hand, I took his hand and gave it a firm shake.


Tarkar-san, a guard in worn bronze armor, smiles lightly at us.


"Now, let's get to work. Your companion there is a newcomer.”


"Yes, she has been through a lot.”


“...Hmm. Well, whatever it is, if it brings money into town, you are welcome.”



Turker-san shrugs his shoulders in an exaggeratedly theatrical motion.


He goes into his office to bring a crystal in front of us.


Then, he says: This crystal will check if the person who puts his/her hand on it has the intention of committing a crime, or if he/she has a desire to harm the town of Miel. Now both of you, put your hand on it.”



Translator Corner:


I’m hungry right now and it is already late here.


I will upload the next part by tomorrow, thank you for reading my translation works. If you don’t mind feel free to leave a comment and rate this novel on ‘novelupda...’


  • Translator: Heartless



<<Back>>    <<Next>>




2 Comments

Post a Comment
Previous Post Next Post

Advertisement

Advertisement