Chapter 18 Part 2 :City of Flowers - I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord

Chapter 18 Part 2 :City of Flowers - I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord




<<Back>>    <<Next>>


Kindly join Our Discord for Announcements


Chapter 18 Part 2:



We do as he said.



“...There is no problem with you two. Well, then Enjoy your stay in this town..."



Turning his loose side back to his serious side in an instant, Turker-san drew a circle with the thumb and forefinger of his right hand. ...The pose of a coin that I've seen in a previous life.



"...Sun-kun, you served me Crunchhorn meat the last time I was here, didn't you? Do you still have it?”



Crunchhorn is the name of a four-legged monster with huge horns.


Crunchhorn meat is very tasty. It melts in your mouth, but the core is crunchy and rich in flavor. It doesn’t have any demonic odor or miscellaneous taste.


It could be seen in a wide area of this world, but it was a phantom beast.


In the past, they were easy to hunt because of their calm temperament. Because of this, the Crunchhorns were hunted to the brink of extinction by various predators as well as humans.


As a result, they fled to the sky.


A four-legged beast that flies in the sky. Now, that's what the Crunchhorn is.


They are extremely cautious, and if they sense even a hint of hostility, they will run for their lives.


...No matter how sensitive they are to their surroundings, it's easy to hunt them if I fly through the ice. 


The fur which I laid out when we camp is also harvested from the Crunchhorns.


When the ground is cold and we lay on the ground, the ground starts to absorb more and more of our body heat, and we start to get cold.


Due to the nature of flying and moving from place to place, the fur of the Crunchhorn is surprisingly cold-proof. A single layer of fur is enough to completely shut out the cold air from the ground.


It's not just fur and meat, its liver can be used to make potions, and if you hunt one, you can use the entire body.


And it's one of my main sources of income.



"Well, my wife and son looked at me angry when I told them I ate Crunch Horns with the whole security team. From them, they won’t let me come inside my house for not saving them some. Now, I have no place to go. so if you can help me out, I'd appreciate it!”


“Here you go."



I thought he was being serious. I pulled a huge leaf-wrapped hunk of meat out of my pouch and handed it to Turker-san. It is probably a little too much for the whole family to eat though.



"Oh, thank you. ...I'd pay with money, but would you prefer information for Sun-kun?"


"Yes, thank you. I had a few questions I wanted to ask you.”


"Ask me anything."



I look over at Spica, who is covering her face with a hood behind me, and nod a few times.



"First of all, can you tell me who is knowledgeable about the outside of town? I'd appreciate it if he could tell me the direction and know anything about beastmen.”


“Gareth-chan is a good place for that. She owns a tavern and knows a lot of things. I'll write down the location on a piece of paper.”



Turker-san opened his mouth and quickly drew a simple map on a piece of paper.



"Two, where do I buy women's clothing?"


The clothes Spica wears under her cloak haven't changed since we met. The hem of the dress that covers her knees is frayed.


Having only one piece of clothing to travel in will be a problem in case of emergency, and if she is going to continue to wear the headgear, it will be better to repair it.



"You can go to Begonia, a clothing store on the main street. It has a cute name, but it's owned by a big, ugly man. But he's good at his work.”


“Three, I know it's not the right time of year, but do you know of any place that sells lingcod fruits?”



… This is a bit embarrassing, but I'm trying to fulfill a promise I made to Spica in the village of Palouse.



"That's true…. Hmm. It's good to ask at the slumbering pavilion where Sun-kun will be staying. If they don’t have it ,I have a magic tool that can store things, so I may have it. Is expensive "


"Thank you, I’m saved. That's all."


"That’s all that you know?... The meat and the price don't add up. But if you need anything during your stay, just ask me. And when you leave town. I'll wrap them in the  shortage item and give it to you."



Turker-kun holds out a piece of paper to me.


I’m surprised that he was more sincere than I expected. I accept the paper with a simple map on it and swallow the rude thoughts about him that come to mind as I thank him.



"You can go inside then. Oops, I almost forgot, you're here in Miel, the city of flowers. Enjoy your stay."



With Turker-san's words pushing us forward, we step out into the town of Miel.



"Heh, heh, heh. The delicious Crunchhorn meat is with me now. I did it. I will be loved by my family a lot today. I'll have to make sure my friends don't find out."



...I hear a dirty laugh coming from behind my back. for some reason 



  • Translator: Heartless



<<Back>>    <<Next>>




*

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post

Advertisement

Advertisement