Chapter 11 Part 2: End of the day - I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord

Chapter 11 Part 2: End of the day - I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord




<<Back>>    <<Next>>


Join Our Discord for Annoucements.


Chapter 11: End of the day (Part 2)




Spica opened her big mouth and pouted.



"I'd like to get it to work… but first, we need to eat dinner. Spica, do you think you can eat dinner?”


“... A little."


"Good.”


"Can I have a word with you first?”


"What's up?”



In response, she walked silently over to the wind crystal and took a deep breath.



"Ha, haaaaaaaaaaaaa...."



I heard her drawl. Well, it's not that I don't like it.



Baaaahhhhahahah… hahahaha...!



Her voice increased many folds by the wind crystal, and it reverberated, passing a roar throughout the Devil’s Den. 


Even though I was holding my ears, the huge sound remained to ring in my ears.


The blast was so huge that it made Spica's eyes roll back. While I supporting her unsteady body, she closed her eyes and whispered to me about something.


… Sorry, what? I didn’t hear her... Probably, she was thanking me.


When the ringing in our ears eventually fades away, we both looked at each other and laughed.



"I bet there's a panic on the surface right now. This was probably the loudest roar they ever heard, wasn't it?"


“...I feel a little better now."



I laughed again at Spica, who said this with her usual blank expression.



■■■■



The sound of crackling firewood can be heard.


In front of me is a pot that has become a regular item by now.


I think I'll make pot-au-feu (a French soup of meat, typically boiled beef, and vegetables cooked in a large pot.) for tonight's menu. A lot has happened today, and Spica doesn't seem to have much of an appetite.


As I still have some soup leftover in the pouch that I made in my spare time. Now, it's quick and easy to make the dish with some chopped vegetables. Also, it will be enough for both of us to eat.


First, I cut spinach into bite-sized pieces and boil it. I added a little salt to the water.


The salt aids the water to boil faster, so even if I add cold vegetables, the temperature of the water will not drop. Instead, it also improves the texture of the boiled water and makes it easier for the vegetables and other ingredients to taste even.


I skilfully cut up onions, meat, and other vegetables, and put them into the soup.


Lastly, season with salt and pepper, and It's done.



"There you go.”


"Thanks."



Both of us let the pot-au-feu cool down and brought it to our mouths with a spoon.


Soon, the taste of vegetables rushes through my mouth. The warm, reassuring, simple taste is what I'm talking about.



"Delicious."



Spica's eyebrows lowered and she said happily with a relaxed expression.



"Glad you like it."



For me, just eating delicious food is enough to make me feel happy in life. Even when I'm having a bad day, it somehow makes me feel better.


With that thought in mind, I drained the contents of my bowl into my mouth, and it was empty before I knew it.


As I was pouring a refill from the pot, I felt her eyes on me.


Spica turns away, holds out her bowl to me, and opens her mouth coyly.



“ ...Another. Can I have a refill?"


"Sure. Don't be shy."



I take the bowl and serve it back to her.


It's a huge underground space with no one but us. We're eating pot-au-feu while blowing on it to cool it down. If it hadn't been for this incident, we wouldn't have left the Devil’s Den by now.


It's funny to know that a place with such beautiful scenery is named Devil’s Den.



"Oh, by the way, I'm going to prepare a little dessert for after dinner, can you eat it?"


"I will."



That was the most agile reply of the day.


Hearing these words, I chuckled and pulled out some linker fruit from my pouch.


When Spica saw Linka's fruit in my hands, she almost lost her composure… I've never seen her like that before. It seems that it is true that it is a favorite food.



"I'm going to make a little dessert out of this, so you can have a satisfying dinner.”



With a serious expression, Spica nodded her head.


Well, it was really just going to be a small dish, so I was nervous that people would expect that much from me. A bitter smile appeared on my face.


I took out a frying pan and heated it thoroughly, and when I was sure it was warm, I poured in the sugar. I drizzled a little brandy on it. It was to add fragrance.


The sugar sways due to the heat and gradually turns into a liquid. During this time, I cut the linker fruit into bite-sized pieces and skewered them.


I removed the skewers from the fire when the sugar syrup turned a lightly browned color. And then mix the sugar syrup with the linker fruit.


When the candy is hardened, it is ready.


It's kind of like candy apples...


Before I knew it, I was presenting it to Spica, who had already finished the pot-au-feu.



"It's just a random candy, so don't get your hopes up."


"Sun's cooking is delicious. The pot-au-feu was also delicious. Thank you."


"...You're welcome."



Spica gently holds the plate in front of her and brings one of those candies to her mouth.


The moment she did, her eyes widened and her big eyes shone.

And then, she revealed a big smile on her face.


It was as beautiful as the stars twinkling in the night sky. Spica is the name of a star in the constellation Virgo in my previous life. The game staff must have given it to her.


This name seemed to represent the girl she was now. Somehow, I think it's nice.



"Thank you.”


"...Ok"



I'm too embarrassed to say it out loud, but as I stared at her smiling face, I wanted to say, ‘Thank you for your hard work today. You've been through a lot. At least eat something delicious to take your mind off of it’.


You're a great guy, you know that? You really are. I'm sure you're tired, so go to sleep.


It's my time from here on out.


I turned away from Spica, who was gobbling up the delicious linka fruit, and I glared at the wind crystals.


I patted both cheeks in a spirited manner and let the magic flow through my body.


...That's right. Since I’m going to do this, let's chant with all of it with all might.



"Bind, fill and alter the world. Ice, the embodiment of eternity. Sword of the frozen world. Reveal yourself through my magic."



High Tier Ice Magic.


‘Ancient Ice Magic - Eternity White Freeze.’



  • Translator: Heartless



<<Back>>    <<Next>>




*

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post

Advertisement

Advertisement