Chapter 12: The Knight Commander's Son Dotes on the Villainous Daughter

Chapter 12: The Knight Commander's Son Dotes on the Villainous Daughter












Whitelist us. Ad revenue gives additional support to the translator and keeps the blog running. Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on Noice translations.

Thank you.




=====


Chapter 12: 



"Hey, how did it turn out?"


Rinse asked me hurriedly as I exited the audience room.


Sighing, I replied, "I got teased a lot."


"If my father was that friendly, I guess there would be no problems."


"Also, he asked me to protect you."


When I say that, Rinse smiles bitterly.


"Oh, you can see it because he is overprotective."


"Overprotective?…" I mumbled to myself.


Well, Rinse is definitely handsome. Nevertheless, it's because he's the crown prince.


While talking with Rinse, we head to the prison where the heroine is.


The place is different from ordinary prisons and is guarded mainly by female knights.


When they see Rinse, the female knights on guard hurriedly bow to the crown prince.


"Your Highness, it is a pleasure to meet you in such a place."


"Take it easy. I have no intention of interfering with your work."


"What?"


Amazing. Rinse had handsome looks, and his popularity was so high that the female knights looked happy just because they had a chance to exchange a few words.


As I'm thinking, Rinse looks at me and says, "Well... I don't know what's going to happen now. Are you ready?"


I looked at him. "Are you asking me now? Rather than that, you'd better worry about yourself, wouldn't you?”


"If I don't make it, I'm counting on you.”


"Well, I'll do what I can."


I don't want my acquaintances to get into trouble, so I'll do what I can.


To be honest, I can do it without hesitation if it's for Alice's sake, but I don't feel comfortable killing someone.


It's a strange feeling, but I will prioritize protecting Alice if the situation gets out of hand.


As I stand before the prison where the heroine is, the female knight calls out to her.


"Hey, I have a visitor for you."


"Who... is it?!"


After saying that, the heroine looks at me and confirms my appearance, and then she immediately puts on a pitiful expression and says in a cat-like voice.


"Kusu-kun! You came to save me!”








Rinse calls out to me from the side when I’m thinking about what to do because she had a look like “I believed you!”


"I'm afraid we didn't come to save you." Rinse interrupted her.


"What are you saying?"


"I'm Rinse Landry, the second prince of the Landry Kingdom."


"Rinse...yes, you are."


With a grin, the heroine suddenly creates a bewitching atmosphere.


Before I could stop her, the heroine spoke up, "Master Rinse, help me."


"...!"


Rinse reacts to those words. The look on his face looks like he is trying to suppress something as he approaches the prison. However, I grab him from behind and stop him before he can react.


“Guh…! What are you doing, Kusu-kun?”


"Is your consciousness okay?"


"I found a very pleasant feeling that disappeared when you grabbed me... I'm about to be charmed, aren't I?"


"Probably."


I'm not sure, but from Rinse's reaction, I think it's more likely charm magic.


Moreover, we shouldn't get too close to her because it may lead to troublesome things.


However, since there seems to be no effect on me, I wonder if charm magic isn’t that effective. Or will it be more effective if she calls me by name?


There are a lot of things I don't know, but anyway...


"For the time being, you'd better stop now. It's useless when you're easily charmed."


"That's harsh, but you're right. Can I leave it to you? I'll heal the damage from your tackle."


"You're taking it to heart, aren't you? Well, I'll do what I can anyway."


After leaving the Rinse with the female knight, I face the heroine again.


"Well...hello Maria-san. Or is it someone else reincarnated as her?"


The heroine narrows her eyes at those words and asks, "Are you Kusu-Kun?"


"Well, just like you're not Maria-san, I might not be either."


"So... you are another reincarnation. Maybe that's why my charm magic didn't work on you?"


After all, you are aware of it and have used it. 


The heroine uses this magic to intentionally drive Alice away. She's a clear enemy, but should I ask her what's happening?


"Before that, let me ask you a question. You know the game 'Lovely Princess,' don't you?"


"Yes, of course."


"...And you falsely accused Alice and stole the prince away from her, didn’t you?"


When I ask this, the heroine looks at me with a pout, then bursts into a laugh, "Of course not. I'm not interested in that troublesome man. What I wanted to capture was the hidden character."


"A hidden character? Is there a condition for creating a reverse harem?


"You don't seem to know what to do about it... Maybe you haven't played all the volumes of the game."


Another volume?... If so, that will explain the word "hidden character" that I don't know.


"The villainess's butler is a hidden character. That's why the event of the broken engagement had to happen once. Of course, I had intended to have the villainess leave quietly, but... I failed spectacularly."


"I see, so you acted consciously."


"Of course, it's because my magic has such outrageous power that I can effectively use it this way... But I never expected Kusu-Kun to be unaffected."


I see. She is not a fool. Perhaps, during Alice's absolution, she tried to gain even more favour with the targets by appealing for help with tears in her eyes. However, that doesn't change the fact that she still tried to set Alice up.


However, she is a reincarnated person, has knowledge of Otome games that I don't have, and even possesses the nasty power of charm magic. So the right thing to do is...


"Heroine-san. How about you team up with me?"


"Team up? You want me to work with you?"


"Yes. Specifically... would you like to be Alice's maid?"










T/L: If you enjoyed this novel, please consider adding “The Knight Commander's Son Dotes on the Villainous Daughter” to your reading list and rating at Novel updates. Thanks for reading.








3 Comments

Post a Comment
Previous Post Next Post

Advertisement

Advertisement