Chapter 11: The Knight Commander's Son Dotes on the Villainous Daughter

Chapter 11: The Knight Commander's Son Dotes on the Villainous Daughter












Whitelist us. Ad revenue gives additional support to the translator and keeps the blog running. Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on Noice translations.

Thank you.




=====


Chapter 11: 




The next day.


Having dropped Alice off at class, Rinse and I walk around the royal castle.


"So... What does having an audience with His Majesty mean first?" I asked


"My father insists on seeing you. I have no idea why." Rinse replied.


"His Majesty in person?


I have a bad feeling about this for some reason.


Regardless, I am not in a position to refuse his request. 


Let's hope this ends quickly so I can see Alice. 


As I ponder, we have reached the audience chamber where His Majesty awaits. 


Rinse paused, "Well, I'll wait for you here. Please call me once you're done."


"Do I have to go alone?"


"I cannot go with you. Perhaps you are hoping it would be better if I stayed by your side?"


"I understand. Don't say anything weird like that."


As soon as I finished saying this, I entered the audience hall. 


This luxurious room is where Deus Landry, the king of this land, sits on his throne. 


As I entered the room, His Majesty the King said solemnly, "I have been waiting for you, Viscount Kusu Rosuto... or should I perhaps say that someone disguised as him?"


Upon hearing these words, I heaved a sigh. 


It was apparent he could see right through me.


Nevertheless, I shouldn't reveal it.


Thus, I assumed the aura of a knight and stated, "Your Majesty, I'm extremely pleased to be granted this honor of an audience with you."









"Umm."


"As for your earlier comment, I'm Kusu Rosuto of the Viscounts of Rosuto, so please don't call me a disguise."


"Oh?"


His Majesty smiles amusingly. 


"As the next Viscount Lost, I am proud to serve His Majesty, but I refuse to put up with such remarks."


"If you speak so openly against me, aren't you already confessing to me?"


"Your Majesty... you can think I have matured due to my unrequited love for Alice Misty."


In response to my statement, His Majesty chuckles and says, "I didn't expect that turn of events, but it's funny, so I'll forgive it. It wasn't a bad sideshow for you to steal a woman from that idiotic son."


"..."


"The decision to remove him from the succession to the throne and make Rinse crown prince was probably a good one. It is unlikely that the next king of this country will be an idiot who a woman of that level has manipulated."


Astonishingly, he can say this much about his son.


Although he seems to be a capable king, ...he is not so great as a father. 


Well, speaking of nobles, most of them are like that...


"Did you summon me here just to say such things?" I asked.


"Hoho? You seem interesting, so I wanted to talk to you. You're engaged to Misty-chan, which means you've gained Duke Misty's trust, right? I was curious to know how you could persuade that stone-hearted man."


...Even if I told him that Duke Misty slashed his sword at me, I wouldn't convince His Highness.


Now, then, what would be the most suitable answer?


"I just told Duke Misty about my feelings for Alice. I didn't do anything special."


"You made a sincere confession, I see."


"If I'm not mistaken, please refrain from making misleading statements. I love only one person, Alice."


In the context of what he just said, it sounds like I confessed to the Duke.

I'm not kidding. If it weren't Alice's father, I wouldn't want anything to do with him. 


Besides, I have no interest in homos*xuality. 


I am aware that there are no restrictions on same-gender marriages or incest. However, I'm still straight so I won't follow that path. 


Aside from that, the only person I love is Alice. There is no negotiation with that.


"Well, all joking aside, I have a favor to ask you."


"A favor?"


"Ah, I'm sure you'll meet the woman who manipulated my trash son later, won't you? Make sure Rinse is protected at that time if he's in danger."


 I nodded and then asked, "I will do everything I can, but what will you do with the girl? Also, what will you do with Mace-sama?"


"Although I haven't decided yet, the worst thing that could happen to the girl is execution or house arrest. If she did cast some spell, we could not just leave her there like that. I hope my idiot son and the woman don't try to escape. Regardless, we have to keep our guard up. His right to the throne has already been stripped, and he is the lowest of the royals.



Basically, if things continue as they are, they will eventually kill the heroine. At most, under house arrest.


She would be banished more peacefully if she did not use charm magic.


Nevertheless, I am concerned about the prince and the other capture targets. 


There would be no problem if they managed to save the heroine, but Alice would be the victim of their rage if she were executed. 


I don't care if the heroine lives or dies, but I can't allow Alice to get into trouble.


After thinking about it, I sighed and said, "I understand. If the situation gets out of control, I will do whatever it takes to protect Rinse-sama.


It would be better if she weren't executed so quickly. Even if the resentment is directed at me, it would be unacceptable if they were to harm Alice as well."


"I knew you'd say that. I'm counting on you."








I miss Alice… I want to meet Alice soon…













T/L: If you enjoyed this novel, please consider adding “The Knight Commander's Son Dotes on the Villainous Daughter” to your reading list and rating at Novel updates. Thanks for reading.








2 Comments

Post a Comment
Previous Post Next Post