Chapter 3: The Knight Commander's Son Dotes on the Villainous Daughter

Chapter 3: The Knight Commander's Son Dotes on the Villainous Daughter






Whitelist us. Ad revenue gives additional support to the translator and keeps the blog running. Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on Noice translations.

Thank you.




=====


Chapter 3: 



"There you are. I've been looking for you, Alice."


After Alice-sama accepted my confession, we stare at each other in silence.


However, we are interrupted by a sudden voice. 


Hearing that voice, a surprising look appears on Alice-sama's face. She quickly takes her hand away from mine and turns to him, "Oh, Father. When did you...?"


"Just now...am I interrupting something?"


He was Alice-sama's father, Duke Reid Misty, the head of the Misty family. 


Asking so, the Duke smiles at Alice-sama and then turns his gaze at me, "It's been a long time, Kusu-Kun. You've grown up."


"Indeed, it's been a long time, Duke Misty. It's good to see you looking so well."


"By the way, it looks like you have something to say to me, don't you?"


But, the Duke's gaze is piercing me as he asks that.


I'm almost intimidated by his gaze. But still, I puffed up my chest proudly and said, "Duke Misty, I have just now asked Alice-sama to marry me. And she gave me an answer."


"Wha...?"


"Give me Alice-sama."


When I said that, the Duke looked at me even more intensely.


"Is that what you've been saying to Alice-sama after she suffered so much because of His Highness and you?"


"I completely agree with you. I have been nothing but a negative factor for Alice-sama until now. I know she is suffering, but I pretend not to see it. But I've reached my limit."


"..."


"In the past, I had given up on Alice-sama, and I couldn't do anything about it. However, from now on, I will protect her to the best of my ability."


"I see."








After he finishes saying that, the Duke immediately pulls the sword from his waist and thrusts it at me.


With one hand, I restrain Alice-sama from screaming, who tries to stop us.


After being reincarnated into this body, my body is absurdly light. Also, my physical ability has increased tremendously.


Due to this, I can see the Duke's every movement, and even though he is serious, I can figure out how to deal with him.


Before long, the Duke's sword appears before me, and the tip of the sword stops dead in its tracks. 


He then lets out a gasp of admiration, "Oh," he says, "you saw the trajectory of my sword, didn't you? That's expected from the son of the Knight Commander, the most powerful knight in this country."


"I thank you for your excessive praise. Back to the main topic, please give me Alice-sama!"


"The viscount's son proposes to the duchess? It's not as if there are any advantages for our family."


"Not really. If I become Knight Commander, Duke Misty will have a strong connection with the knighthood of this country. Then the Duke will have an even greater voice among the nobility. And that is exactly what His Majesty cannot ignore."


The Duke is silent for a while at my words, but he suddenly puts his sword back in its sheath, turns his back to me, and says, "If you make Alice-sama cry, I'll kill you. Prepare yourself."


"Thank you."


"Alice, if you ever cry, you can always tell me."


After saying that, the Duke left the place. 


Perhaps he had something to do with that person. 


When the prince broke the engagement, the Duke was present.


However, he didn't stop the prince.


If he didn't care about his daughter, he would have left, but he probably didn't because there was some benefit to him.


I don't know what it is, but it doesn't matter now, so I can let it slide.


"Eh, Kusu-sama! Are you all right?"


As I'm feeling relieved, Alice-sama comes rushing toward me with a worried look on her face.


"Are you hurt? Are you alright?"


Seeing Alice-sama, who is worried about me, I feel warm inside my heart.


I said with a smile, "I'm fine. I made Alice-sama watch something terrible, didn't I?"


"It's not. It's rather cool."


Alice-sama hurriedly covers her mouth and stops midway through her sentence.


It is very difficult to understand what she is trying to say, but I don't let that bother me.


"Well, I'm glad he has accepted me for the time being. If not, I was prepared to elope with you."


"Eloping with you?"


"Yes. The knight kidnaps the princess and flees far away. It's like a fairy tale, isn't it wonderful?"


When I say that, Alice-sama makes a slightly amused expression as if imagining that scene. 


She is so cute


How can the prince break up with such a cute fiancée...is he blind? 


Well, the heroine is cute, but I feel she is not simple at all. Anyway, it's still a mystery for now.


"Well, then, what shall we do from now on today?


"What do you mean?"


"Alice-sama has three options. The first is to go home. The second is to stay at my parents' house. The third is to spend the night with me in the cabin I have prepared for you. Now, what do you say?"


"No! Number one! I chose number 1!"


"Um? Do you hate being with me that much?"


When I say that, Alice panics.


"No, no! It's just that I'm not ready yet... I'm not ready to... um, you know...'


Alice-sama began to babble. Oh my God, what a cute little creature! 



With a smile, I say, "I understand. I'll take you back to the mansion today. I want to make a formal greeting, so we'll continue tomorrow."


"What do you mean by 'continue'?"


"Fufu… I'll leave it to your imagination."


After saying that, I took Alice-sama, who turned red, to the carriage.







By the way, even if I say continuation, it's a continuation of the story, so it's probably not the cute things Alice-sama imagines. 


Well, depending on how the future turns out, it might happen. Nevertheless, that depends on Alice-sama.











T/L: If you enjoyed this novel, please consider adding “The Knight Commander's Son Dotes on the Villainous Daughter” to your reading list and rating at Novel updates. Thanks for reading.








3 Comments

  1. Thanks for the chapter ~
    Immediate approval from a parent? Lezgooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update.
    Seems kinda weird how Duke refers to her with -sama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm love this novel ❤️. Thanks for th3 chapter!

    ReplyDelete
Post a Comment
Previous Post Next Post

Advertisement

Advertisement