Chapter 5: The Knight Commander's Son Dotes on the Villainous Daughter

Chapter 5: The Knight Commander's Son Dotes on the Villainous Daughter






Whitelist us. Ad revenue gives additional support to the translator and keeps the blog running. Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on Noice translations.

Thank you.




=====


Chapter 5: 






The next day. I came to Duke Misty's house to greet the Duke and Duchess. 


Of course, the main reason for coming is to see Alice-sama.


When I arrive at the massive, aristocratic mansion, I'm soon greeted by Alice-sama along with her servants.


"How are you doing? Welcome to the house."


"Hello. Thank you very much for your hospitality last night, Alice-sama."


"Yes, Kusu-sama."


Alice-sama smiles at me.


Her smile is cute, after all. 


"Is something wrong?"


"I’m admiring Alice-sama's smile. Forgive me if I am rude."


"Ad-admiring my s-smile... Ah, t-thank you-u…"


Alice-sama is so cute when she is shy too. 


Seeing her, I had the urge to take a picture of her, but I didn't have a camera. 








Nevertheless, I still decided to save it in a folder in my mind.


"U-um… my father is waiting for you, so I'll show you the way."


"Yes, please"


After saying that, Alice-sama soon led me to the lobby. 


When we arrive at the door, Alice-sama bows and says, "I'm sorry, Kusu-sama. It may be uncomfortable for you to greet my father, but please do it for me."


"Sure. I would love to be able to greet your parents. I'll ask for Alice-sama again, and when I am finished, will you join me for tea?"


"Yes, definitely."


After I nod to Alice-sama, who is feeling a bit embarrassed accepting my selfish request, I open the door.


Right now, there are two people sitting in the massive room. 


The first is Alice-sama's father, whom I met yesterday, and the other is a lady who looks even more beautiful than Alice-sama, but a bit older. She is probably Alice-sama's mother.


(T/N: Older?... Really? Lol… I wonder how she would react if she heard you thinking that?)


With a smile, she greets me. "It's been a long time, Kusu-kun. Do you remember me?"


"Yes, it's been a long time, Duchess Misty. You are as beautiful as ever."


"Well, well, you've become good at flattering. But it would be best if you didn't say that in front of my husband. He's a jealous man."


"Yes, I'll be careful."


After saying that, I turn my attention to Duke Misty next to me, "It's been a while since last night, Duke Misty. Thank you for last night."


"I don't know what you're thanking me for, but I'm glad to hear you're doing well, Kusu-Kun. Did you sleep well last night?”


"Yes, I slept in bed thinking about Alice."


"I see."


The Duke of Misty is smiling. His gaze, however, is not welcoming for some reason. 







Probably, he got in a bad mood because of the flattery I gave his wife earlier, but I simply said it out of courtesy.


“Although you have already received our formal marriage proposal, it was necessary for me to show my face and state what was required verbally today.”


"You don't have to be so formal, Kusu-Kun. We are related now."


"Thank you, Duchess Misty."


“Wouldn't it be nice if you could start calling me your mother-in-law now?"


"Then I shall call you that."


The duchess smiles happily as she ...err, mother-in-law says this. 


Unlike her black-hearted husband, she seems innocent, and I'm grateful that we can get along... 


However, her husband 'smiles' as he says, "Don't make the mistake of calling me your father-in-law. I haven't forgiven you yet."


"Oh, say that again. But, you like Kusu-Kun, don't you?"


"...What are you talking about?"


Is it true? Wait, why are you laughing without denying it?


Anyway, if there is no objection from the other side, I should proceed as before, so I nodded.


After pondering this, I ask, "Okay. So, my main request is... please let me take Alice as my wife.


"Fufu, that's a pretty straightforward confession. Won’t Alice's face be bright red if she hears this?"


"Yes, she gave me an adorable reaction yesterday."


"Oh, my God, it's so nice to be young!"


My mother-in-law smiled, "I will respect Alice's wishes. If that's the path she chooses, I won't object to it."


"Thank you."


"I told you yesterday, if you make Alice cry, I won't tolerate it."


"Of course. If Alice-sama ever cries, you can slay me."


"Oh, that's a bold statement."


"Yes, if Alice-sama cries, I am responsible for it. I don't care what you do to me."


Duke Misty chuckles at my words "I admire your determination, but it doesn't mean that Alice-sama shed a tear for you."


"Yes, I don't mind that. I only want Alice to smile for me."


"Why is it so?"


"Because I love her. I don't want the person I love to cry, right?"


The Duke raises his head a bit and a slight smile appears on his face. 


He then says to me, “Then you must protect. Alice. Only then I'll accept you."


"Thank you."


Hearing my response, the Duke, however, snorted again but said nothing in particular. 


To be honest, watching my mother-in-law smile happily at the Duke, I knew she was the right choice for him.








T/L: If you enjoyed this novel, please consider adding “The Knight Commander's Son Dotes on the Villainous Daughter” to your reading list and rating at Novel updates. Thanks for reading.








3 Comments

  1. Thanks for the chapter ~
    And so it begins! Sugar-filled chapters! May or may not induce diabetes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update.
    Adding translater notes definitely brings more life to the story. Please do more in the future!

    ReplyDelete
Post a Comment
Previous Post Next Post

Advertisement

Advertisement