Chapter 9 Part 2: Devil's Den - I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord

Chapter 9 Part 2: Devil's Den - I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord




<<Back>>    <<Next>>


Join Our Discord for Annoucements.


Chapter 9: Devil's Den (Part 2)


(TN: Changes: Devils Mouth/Demon Mouth → Devil’s Den)


====


Was it because of the roar, or Spica's horns? The villagers look upset and start to whisper to each other.



"Oh, my. The Devil’s Den must be angry now. Do you know why?"



He turns to the upset villagers and begins to make a speech with attractive gestures, spreading his hands out, his face turning ugly, showing an expression of dejection.



"They are the ones who will bring misfortune to our village. Haven’t you seen this girl’s horns? She must be a demon who has come to meddle with the Great Devil’s Den. She would bring catastrophe and chaos to our village. To prevent that from happening we must cleanse her.”


"Shut up!”



I let my anger leak out along with my magic power. Because of my anger, I seemed to lose control of my own mana. My mana intimidated the area causing it to run wild, freezing the surroundings.



"Hee!"



Thanatos let out a scream, but I didn’t care.


Spica's body was shaking. She crouched down on the ground, covering her ears, shaking her head.


She looked frightened.


The fact that she had stabbed me instead rather than talking to me because I was a human, in the end was all due to her fear. The way she was now by my side without any hostility towards these humans, the way she now looked scared, and the way she was trying to act tough - with a little thought I must have guessed that she was doing all this just to protect herself.


What was he thinking about Spica, anyway? Oh, shit! My heart is beating so hard that it hurts. Only red and black appeared in my vision.


It made me so angry.


She chose to trust me and follow me. I’m not in the mood for sightseeing anymore.


...Maybe I came to Parose thinking this was a game?



"Ha, ha, ha! Did you see his magic power? He's also a demon. Hee hee, Lord, help us!”


"To me, you're the one who's a demon.”


"That's how you confuse people with your mouth. I have heard the Lord, he spoke to me! Justice is on our side!”



He then raised his hands in the air as if to inspire the villagers.



"They are the ones who will bring chaos and destruction to our village!"



Rumble!


At this time, Spica slowly stood up with her face still covered by her hood. However, there was a trace amount of magic power emanating from her body.


When she held her hands upward, a magic sword appeared in her hands. She tried to swing her hand down with it, but...


"I'm sorry. I didn't know this place would be like this. I'm truly sorry."


I managed to stop her with the gentlest gesture I could muster.



"...Why? ...Why are you stopping me?”


"Killing is easy. I'm going to take away all his dignity. Everything Thanatos said is a lie. There is no master in this pit. Trust me."



The first time I heard the roar, I felt a strong sense of déjà vu, and as expected, hearing it at close range gave me an idea.


Besides, I'm sure that Spica will become a Demon Lord if she kills people at her current state.


Oh, maybe this village must be the reason why Spica turned into a Demon Lord in the first place.


I open my mouth to Thanatos, who is trembling under Spica's tremendous magic power.



"...I’ve seen through all your lies."


"... W-what are y-you talking about ?"


"You're a fraud. I’ll now expose you.”



I put my hands under Spica's knees and held her close to me and then jumped into the Devil’s Den.



  • Translator: Heartless



<<Back>>    <<Next>>




1 Comments

Post a Comment
Previous Post Next Post

Advertisement

Advertisement