Chapter 10 Part 1: Bottom - I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord

Chapter 10 Part 1: Bottom - I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord




<<Back>>    <<Next>>


Join Our Discord for Annoucements.


Chapter 10: Bottom (Part 1)



A cold breeze blew through my body, cooling down my burning body.


I made ice appear under my feet and used it as a foothold to climb down the depths of Devil's Den. 


Just like last night, I used the ice to climb down but it's not on the ground, but this time it’s at the bottom of the ground.



"... Are you okay?"



Spica did not give a reply but nodded her head. I could feel her uneasiness through her body.



"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel bad.”


“... I guess they’re different kinds of humans out there.”



In the dimly lit cave, Spica whispered quietly.


Due to the darkness, I could not see her face.



"... I was saved again.”


"No, I’m at fault… I’m the one who told you to come to this village in the first place.”


"Mmm..."



A minute passed with no words.



"It's not your fault. Besides, if you had been alone, you would have been sightseeing now.”


"I'm not sure about that..."



If I didn’t make Thanatos angry, maybe we might not get ourselves in trouble.


While I’m thinking, I hear a gentle laugh.



"Sanson, no, Sun-kun... you're a nice human, "



I felt a sharp jolt in my heart as I heard her calling my name for the first time.


As usual, I couldn't see her face. But there was something different about her voice. It was as if the words had weight as if they were coming from the deepest part of her heart.


It was a strange feeling.


It isn't something I disliked.



"...Well, I don't want to be called a bad human.”



It's not that I'm a bad human, I just don't know what to say at the moment.


... Ah. There is one thing that is clear to me.



"You're not at fault. It's all Thanatos fault."



It reminds me of Lark when he pressed on that Thanatos is a devil.


I also remembered the villagers I had seen earlier. Half of them looked enthralled, but half of them were oddly smiling at each other.


I guess there's something to it. Something that a traveler who just came here today can't understand.


It must be a sensitive issue.


But I don't care about that.


I’m only worried about Spica at present.


Unknowing to me, I put a little more strength into my arms while holding Spica.



"It hurts”


"S-sorry.”


“Umm... it hurts, but it's not painful.”


"...What are you talking about?”



What's with that tone? Is it unique to the dragon race?


I'm not sure.



"Sun-kun is not a bad human. Also, thank you ...for helping me."


“....Welcome."



The reply that came out of her mouth was flat but I couldn't help but feel embarrassed.


But strangely enough, I failed to open my mouth to say something, so we both remained silent for a while.







With light footsteps, we slowly descended the Devil's Den.


When I looked up, the hole which we had entered now looked like a dot and faint light was about to be replaced by the darkness. It seems we have landed too deep.


  • Translator: Heartless



<<Back>>    <<Next>>




*

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post

Advertisement

Advertisement