Chapter 9 Part 1: I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord

Chapter 9 Part 1: I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord




<<Back>>    <<Next>>


Join Our Discord for Annoucements.


Chapter 9: Devil's Den (Part 1)



AN: There is no heartbreaking development. Trust me. It will rain and harden the earth. Yes, it's heartwarming.


======



"Spica, do you have a favorite food or something?"


“...Linka berries.”


"Oh, those. They're good, aren't they?”



While having a conversation with Spica, who occasionally snorts, I walk along the path Lark pointed out.


Linka fruit is mellow, sweet, and has a sour taste. It is a fruit peculiar to this world, and if I had to compare its taste to that of an apple, I would say it is similar.


I remember buying them before. I think I still have some left in my pouch.


Let’s bring out the linka fruit for dessert after dinner, But it's not very artistic to just give them away. I'll have to come up with a little dessert using the fruit.


...I'm too embarrassed to say it, but it's a reward for Spica’s hard work.


And it's a mess in the pouch because I've shoved so many things in there. Cleaning equipment and so on… So, I can’t take it out like that, I feel depressed just thinking about it. One of the top five words I hate.


I slowly exhale air through my nose.


In spite of the clear, fresh air, my feet have slowed down. 


Ahead of me, there is a hole in the ground, which I’m close enough to see clearly.


The sunset, which is the boundary between day and night, gives a somewhat gloomy impression.


It is the time when the sky goes dark. People have been thinking about this since ancient times, and have been in awe of the darkness that comes.


In the midst of this twilight, the "Devil's Den" opens its mouth.


A huge hole, perhaps five meters in diameter rose up as if it had been torn from the inside of the ground.


The hole was filled with the same kind of mists we saw in the Whispering Forest. The air was leaking out and the soil started to grind while leaking a thin sound.


It's as if it is breathing slowly.


So, this is the devil's large den.


A man in a priest's clothes was giving a speech next to the hole, though it was obscured by trees. A dozen or so villagers were listening.



"...And for that reason, our Lord has raised his wrath just now. Now, pray with me. The Lord will hear your voice!...”



I wonder if the person is Thanatos.


He was preaching to the villagers in a mysterious voice while shaking his big, protruding belly in an exaggerated manner.


A priest's uniform is supposed to be simple, right?


But his clothes are different. A scarf with intricate patterns hung from her shoulders, and his clothes are made of black, decorated with woven gold and silver threads.


He wore a pentagram necklace that was as big as his face and held a book decorated with gold.


...Wow.



"We should leave before they find us. I'm getting a bad vibe."



I whispered to Spica, who was once again snuggled up against my back, but it was too late.


A villager who was listening to Thanatos' speech made eye contact with me.

 

Upset at the sight of a stranger spreads quickly between the crowd. Thanatos immediately noticed the change, and our eyes met.


He said something to the villagers and then approached me, "Oh, welcome to the village of Paros. What brings you to this village?"


He has a friendly smile on his face. However, his eyes are not smiling. Is it because I’m a stranger or due to other feelings?



"...I’m a traveler who came to visit after hearing the rumor of the Devil's Den."


"So, you're a treasure hunter or something?”


"No. I just came here for sightseeing.”


"Well, that's wonderful. I don't like treasure hunters or dirty rats who have no respect for our mighty being.”



Thanatos laughed out loud.



"My name is Thanatos. May I ask your name?”


"It’s Sanson."



He held out his hand and I shook it. It was a soft hand.



"And you, young lady.”



Then he offered his hand to Spica.



"She is not comfortable with a stranger."



I blocked him with my body.



"I don't like humans.”



It is true, and I didn't want Spica in Thanatos' eyes any longer.



"'Hmm… hmm. Well, that’s fine."



Thanatos smiled softly.


I noticed that the moment I interrupted him, the expression on his face looked as if he was extremely irritated with me.



“By the way ...do you guys know anything about last night's explosion? The Great Devil Den is very angry. You wouldn't want to offend him, would you?"



Heck, from Thanatos' point of view, it was probably just revenge.


I'm sure Thanatos was trying to scare me or something.



"Boooooo… ooh… Booooo...ooh ...ooh….”



As if the timing wasn't bad enough, at this very moment, a roar was released from the devil's large den.


A vigorous wind blew from a crack in the ground.


Though the wind looked like a breath, it shook the leaves of the trees in the area, and the sound of the leaves brushing against each other spread.


Out of the corner of my eye, Thanatos' face fell.


He was grinning.


His nose bulged while the corners of his mouth twisted, and he let out a vulgar exhale.


I had a bad premonition and looked at Spica. The wind had stirred up the hood she was wearing, her beauty (Horns) was exposed.


Spica held her hood down, but it was too late to hide her appearance.


  • Translator: Heartless



<<Back>>    <<Next>>




2 Comments

  1. Doubt.

    Btw thank you for the bulk of chapters. I didn't expect that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the fast release, I wonder where this story is going to.

    ReplyDelete
Post a Comment
Previous Post Next Post

Advertisement

Advertisement