Chapter 8 Part 2: I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord

Chapter 8 Part 2: I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord




<<Back>>    <<Next>>


Join Our Discord for Annoucements.


Chapter 8: Parose Village (Part 2)



He held out his right hand, and I held out mine, and we shook hands. The palm of his hand is thick and… has a hard skin, and there is an octopus under the fingers. I'm not sure if it's a sword octopus or not.


Lark must have noticed my reaction, and said:



"Ah, I used to be a well-known hunter. Even so. I was distracted and attacked by a demon called the Sandman. These people of Parose Village saved me."


"It sure was a disaster, but I'm glad I can talk about it now.”



"Haha, you're right. I'm glad that I’m alive."


Lark then patted me on the right shoulder. "You came all the way here to see the devil's den, didn't you?"



He opens his mouth in a frustrated tone as if he has something caught in his teeth.


He crossed his arms and dug his toes into the ground while nodding gravely.


“You can go into the village as you like. Just follow the road and you should be able to see it. If they say anything, just mention my name.."


While he was looking around, he told me and Spica.



"Be careful with that guy in the priest's uniform, Thanatos. He's a rascal."



Lark let out an exasperated sigh with a look of bitterness on his face.



"I'm sure I scared him off, but he's not going to do anything to a traveler.”



If you walk down the road, you'll know that there was an explosion last night. Some of the villagers are a bit on edge, so there's no harm in being careful.


He then smiled lovingly.



"I'm sure the village chief will be able to lend us a place for the travelers to stay. You should at least say hello to him before nightfall. He's a nice guy, so don't worry.



He pointed toward the village and gave us a friendly welcome.





For a while, the only sound was the sound of the two of us walking.


I look up at the sky.


Clouds are flowing slowly. The shadows of small birds passing through our shadows. The beautiful orange sun behind us.



"...Hey, Spica."


"Yes.”


"You're doing great. Spica did not attack a human. I'll admit that you're a great girl."


"...Yes"


“Right”



Some people might feel bad about Spica's refusal to lower her hood and participate in the conversation. Lark, who didn't mind, was a carefree and good-natured person.


...So what kind of person is this Thanatos guy that he warned me about?



"As Lark said earlier, let's camp again in the corner of the village, where we'll spend the night.”


“...Yes.”


“I’m sorry for putting you in a troublesome situation. If something happens I will deal with it."


"...Okay."



Spica's reply was dull and lifeless.


However, I vaguely thought it’s not a bad thing.


  • Translator: Heartless



<<Back>>    <<Next>>




*

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post

Advertisement

Advertisement