Chapter 16: Thank You for Your Hard Work (Part 2) - I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord

Chapter 16: Thank You for Your Hard Work (Part 2) - I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord




<<Back>>    <<Next>>


Kindly join Our Discord for Announcements


Chapter 16: Thank You for Your Hard Work (Part 2)


.
.
.
We complete our meal with a few words in between.


As I sip the traditional drink(alcohol), I glance at Spica who also happened to turn her shapely eyes to me.


I frown exaggeratedly and move my lips into a smile.



"Thank you for your hard work in Paros Village. Spica and I are really tired.”



Letting out an exaggerated sigh, and the little embarrassment which I’ve been feeling seems to melt away with it.


Then, I rummage through the contents of my pouch.


I take out the traditional drink and pour it into a cup. I also add a lot of fruit juices, cut fruits, and lavish sweets with a lot of sugar.



"Since you're here, let's have a little get-together, just the two of us. We've been through a lot after all ...It will be nice to have it in the rain."



She stands up silently and sits down close to me. Her soft and gentle scent spreads around me. Spica picks up the pottery of the traditional drink on the ground and tilts her head faintly when she sees my face while I smile mischievously at her.


She is going to pour me a drink.


She’s closer than she'd ever been before, but my mind remained strangely calm.


I held out the small cup and heard the sound of a drink being poured, muffled by the rain.



"Sankyu." (TN: Japanese word)


"Sankyu?"


"It means thank you.”


"You're welcome. Me too."



Sankyuu ...sankyuu.


Her cute sounds of broken words and silly phrases made me laugh slowly.


Spica tilts her head, wondering why I'm laughing, and I feel another wave of laughter coming on.


From that time onwards, we continued to chat about many things, not caring that the night was drawing to a close.



"How's that juice? Does it taste good?"


"...It tastes strange. I've never had it before."


"I bet it does." I bought it because it has the slogan ‘It tastes like the Summer Sun’ on it. I didn't feel like drinking it myself alone, so I had Spica drink it for me. I'm sorry.”


"It's terrible! But it's strangely delicious, so I can't complain…”



Spica gives me a complicated look. What, it's good? Then I should have drunk it myself.


She probably guessed what I was thinking. She held the juice in her hands as if to hide it, and looked at me coldly.



"I've been studying so much since I was little, but I've never seen anything like the bottom of the Devil's Den. Traveling is good.”


"Yes, it is! Traveling is great. If you can enjoy the atmosphere, you can be a good traveler ...But it's hard to live like a leaf blowing in the wind, without stability.”



Like Money, trust, danger.


As I don't want to say anything negative about it, I keep silent.



“I bet Spica and I are the only ones who've ever enjoyed the real view of the Devil's Large Den. Isn't it great?"


"Yeah!”


"Is alcohol good for you?”


“...Yes, it is. It's delicious and fun.”



But I think I’d better think about how I’m going to interact with her. Here's a story about a failure in drinking. While I was traveling, I was enjoying a drink with the best view, and I got drunk.


I gesture to the ground, falling limp with my eyes.



"I was one with the ground at that time. That's when I was attacked by a demon…! I couldn't use magic in my drunken stupor, and a wizard who can't use magic is weaker than a waddling bedbug. I was ready to die.”


"What happened to you? Did you get hurt?”


"Yes, it's a popular place for locals, and some nice people helped me out.”


"I'm really glad… “


“It's not just the alcohol that's killing you, it's the bugs… Sorry, forget about it."


(TN: ...Bugs? Are you kidding me?)


“...”



"Stop it! Don't look at me like that!”



I'm sorry to say something boring! Goddamn it!


...A white color mix at the end of the sky. The sky was just beginning to dawn, and thick clouds still made their way across the sky.


After a short break in the conversation, a big yawn appears from Spica's mouth.


Her lips open wide as she begins to yawn.


After that, her lips close with a small exhale.



"I'm going to bed now. We've been talking a lot.”



Saying these words, Spica curls up in the fur that lay at her feet.



"What's wrong?"


"...I'm sleeping. I'm already sleeping."



Then she pats the fur.



“...What do you want me to do? No, I don’t get it.”


"No, it's…


“Just for today. I want to pamper you...Is it a no?"



As I’m wondering what I should say, she claps her hand on the fur stronger and stronger, turning into a fluffy sound.


I get amused and stare at it silently.


The sound of the dragon hitting powerfully on the ground became less and less fancy and became a dull thumping sound. The vibrations cause drops of water to fall from the leaves of the trees in the area with great force.


No, it's scary.



"It's just for today. Think about me, too. Look, I'm a man."



....Spica covers her entire body with the blanket to hide her face. I wonder if she realized what she had said.


Oh, she must be embarrassed as hell.


I roll over on the small fur and take another blanket out of my pouch and put it on.



  • Translator: Heartless



<<Back>>    <<Next>>




2 Comments

  1. uhhh did spica say that last line? because I think she said something else then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Spica heard these words, she curled up into the fur that lay at my feet.

    "What's Wrong" [Sun]

    "I'm sleeping. I'm asleep already." [Spica]

    Then she patted the fur.

    What do you want me to do? No, I know what you mean.

    "No, thats..." [Sun]

    "Just for today. I want you to spoil me. ...... Can't I?" [Spica]

    As I was wondering what I should say, the hand clapping the fur became stronger and stronger, and the sound changed to a bofufu bofu.

    I got a little amused and stared at it silently.

    The sound of the dragon's power hitting the ground became less and less fancy, and became a dull thumping sound. The vibration caused drops of water to fall from the leaves of the trees in the area with great force.

    Wait, that's scary!

    "It's just for today. Think about me, too. Look, I'm a man."

    Spica covered her whole body with the blanket to hide her face. I'm sure she's aware of what she've said now.

    Oh, she must be embarrassed as hell.

    I roll over on the small fur and take another blanket out of my pouch and put it on.

    ReplyDelete
Post a Comment
Previous Post Next Post

Advertisement