Chapter 9: The Knight Commander's Son Dotes on the Villainous Daughter

Chapter 9: The Knight Commander's Son Dotes on the Villainous Daughter






Whitelist us. Ad revenue gives additional support to the translator and keeps the blog running. Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on Noice translations.

Thank you.




=====


Chapter 9: 






"Kusu. Can I talk to you for a minute?"


Rinse calls out as I get up to go to Alice after class.


"What's wrong?"


"I've got a few things on my mind to talk about. We need to go outside for a bit."


"Is this the wrong place to talk?"


"A little bit."


Something that he can't talk about here…? I have no idea what it is, but I'd like to check on Alice anyway.


"...I understand. But first, can I check on Alice?


"Of course. But I'm sure she must be busy right now, too."


"Busy?"


"You'll understand when you get there."


That said, I head to the classroom where Alice is taking classes. 


Well, this academy has a variety of classes, but what you take depends on your interests. 


There are many gender-segregated classes, and today's class differs from Alice's except for classroom lectures. Hence, it's a pity that I can't spend much time with Alice at school.


When I'm heading to Alice's classroom, I see a group of students gathering around her.








Well, I can guess what they're talking about.


Then, Risne said, "See, I said she's busy," 


As many hadn’t witnessed, they wanted to hear about what happened the day before yesterday; that is how the prince falsely accused Alice and broke off their engagement.

 

Whenever such things are discussed, everyone surely is enthusiastic.


"Even so, is it a moral difference that no one asks me?"


"I'm sure that after Misty-san, Kusu will be the next one to ask me." Sa


It looks like it will continue for a while, so I follow Rinse to an unfamiliar place. 


After making sure no one was around, Rinse said sternly, "What I want to talk about is with my brother and the family of his close associates."


"What's wrong with them?"


'They're all under house arrest right now, but... I don't know what's going on."


"You don't know?"


He nodded at my words and said,


"After he got involved with a commoner, he and his close associates began to fall into illegal activities. I don't understand how a commoner woman could have won the hearts of my brothers so much. I can't figure it out."


"...Does Rinse also feel something for that woman?"


"I have a rather strange hypothesis, but don't laugh. ...I think she may be capable of using magic."


"Well, that's certainly strange."


Right, magic. Magic is a supernatural occurrence that appears in fantasy. 


In this world and the previous one, it is only a matter of imagination... Except for a few.


Of course, there is magic in this world.


However, it isn't possessed by all. 


Magic is defined as a kind of innate ability. 


For instance, people born with the ability to manipulate water are called water mages, and those who can manipulate wind are called wind mages, and so on. 


Depending on the type of magic, it can have a large or small impact. 


For instance, the wind mage can create a gentle breeze as easily as a powerful gust.


Also, water magic can be as simple as lifting water slightly or as powerful as purifying sewage.


The moment such amazing magic is revealed in this world, it is kept a secret. 


Unlike some cool reasons in anime, it isn't like high school students who awaken different abilities are trying to conceal them from others.


Instead, it is still very complex, as it is highly dangerous and used for military purposes.


It’s said the bloodline of nobles is more prone to magic.


But in reality, most nobles aren't capable of possessing magic.


It is, however, if grandparents can manifest magic, which then becomes inherited by their grandchildren.


What Rinse is trying to say is...


"So Rinse thinks the woman is using charm magic?"


"It's just a possibility."


Charm magic, huh? It is reported that another nobleman's house also manifested it several years ago.


"Are you sure about this?"


"It's just one possibility, but seeing my brother's obsessed with her, I cannot dismiss it."


"What does His Majesty think?"


"His Majesty believes there is a high possibility that the woman has that ability. She may be using it without being aware of it. …However, this would be a major problem if she did it intentionally. Well, she is currently being watched over by a female knight."


As expected of His Majesty, I'm impressed.


But if that's the case, it'll be troublesome.


After all, if she continues to charm the men around her unknowingly or intentionally, she's likely to cause an even more significant incident later. So, I can't let her off the hook.


"Well, I don't know why you were released free from her magic, but it may have something to do with the magic you possess."


"You mean my Body Strengthening magic?"


It is highly likely that the Viscounts of Rosuto, who has been appointed Knight Commanders for generations, will inherit the Body Strengthening magic. 


Actually, I can also use it... But I know it has nothing to do with that.


Somehow, my memories from back on earth nullify the charm magic's effects.


I don't have any evidence, though.










Nevertheless, reincarnation into another world is an extraordinary phenomenon, so I won't be surprised if I can nullify it.


"Well, anyway, I'd like to investigate her once, and I'd like Kusu to come along too."


"So, Rinse, do you want to investigate this matter yourself? Isn't it dangerous?


"I can use magic too, and I'm sure the other knights and you will be able to control the situation if something happens."


"Is this what you came to talk to me about this morning?"


"No, that's… I really want to be your friend."


Saying that he smiles at me.


After sighing, I tell him, "I'll join you tomorrow, but I want to spend some time with Alice today. Is it okay?"


"That's good enough, thank you."


I sigh at myself for taking on such a splendidly troublesome task.


However, if the heroine intends to harm Alice, I’ll use this opportunity to eliminate her.



(T/N: Definitely, I'm with you on this one!)







T/L: If you enjoyed this novel, please consider adding “The Knight Commander's Son Dotes on the Villainous Daughter” to your reading list and rating at Novel updates. Thanks for reading.








4 Comments

  1. Thanks for the chapter ~
    definitely with MC on that one xD.
    The fluff must continue ! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the chapter!
    Sad that there is no cute Alice moment :(

    ReplyDelete
Post a Comment
Previous Post Next Post

Advertisement

Advertisement