Chapter 1: The Knight Commander's Son Dotes on the Villainous Daughter

Chapter 1: The Knight Commander's Son Dotes on the Villainous Daughter






Whitelist us. Ad revenue gives additional support to the translator and keeps the blog running. Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on Noice translations.

Thank you.




=====


Chapter 1: The Knight Commander's Son Dotes on the Villainous Daughter,:





"Alice, I am breaking our engagement!"


My consciousness awakens when I hear those strangely familiar words.


At the moment, I feel dizzy, and my mind overflowing with memories.


The memories of this world, with its aristocratic class, blend with the memories of working people in Japan, where science has advanced.


Is this what is a so-called "reincarnation into another world?


It is believed that people's personalities are strongly influenced by their previous lives.


Obviously, this body belongs to Kusu Rosuto, son of Viscount Rosuto in this world of nobles.


My vision was blurry as I scanned the area while holding my head down.


Anyway, there seemed to be a party being held at the place right now.


As it was his Majesty the King who hosted this evening party, there should have been a lot of people here, but it was surprisingly quiet.


Almost everyone's attention was focused on a certain person.


It’s Mace Landry. He is the crown prince of this country and is the owner of the voice heard earlier. There are several acquaintances around him, and I’m apparently one of them.


Basically, I was getting lots of attention, but I was just a minor character, and no one seemed to care if I held my head in my hands.


Everyone's attention was drawn to Prince Mace, who had just announced the breaking of his engagement to the young lady standing before him.


She is Alice Misty. She is the eldest daughter of the Duchess Misty family who had silver hair and bright green eyes. Also, she was the prince's fiancée.


"Hm? Huh? Alice Misty... I think I know this name.”


I don't claim to know everything in this world, but I know the game from my previous life. It's an Otome game, which is a love simulation game for teen girls. 


While I'm not sure why I, as a man, played such a game in my previous life... But, well, it must have suited my sensibilities at the time.


The title was…"Lovely☆Princess" wasn't it?











The game's content was simple: a love story in which the player overcomes various obstacles to connect with the five targets. There were normal and true ends to each route and a reverse harem end.


There was a rival for the prince's love in that Otome game, Alice Misty, the villainous daughter of the prince...


Sure, if you look closely, the prince and his pals are recognizable targets in the game, and the heroine is already friendly with them.


I can't say for sure because I don't have a mirror. However, I'm one of the prince’s associates and the name Kusu Rosuto indicates I might be a target.


The Viscounts of Rosuto are a knightly family, so I should be treated as the son of a Knight Commander.


The other characters in the game are the prince, the villainess's brother-in-law, the son of another duke, the son of a merchant, and I am the son of a knight captain, but it's kind of a delicate position to be in.


I remember that knighthood is the lowest, and I’m also the dumbest.


Although knighthood in this empire had some power, it was still the lowest position in terms of nobility.


Even so, I should still have handsome looks, and there should be no problem with Ekusu Rosuto, the lowest-ranked character in the popularity poll on the official website. 


Well, I feel sad when I say something, but I guess it's just my imagination.


"Do not tell me you have forgotten what you have done to Maria!"


As I was thinking, I heard the prince say those words.


The memory of the before and after is vague... but the prince said earlier that he was breaking off the engagement, so maybe he is now criticizing her? 


Soon, all the target characters will blame Alice, the villainess, at this event, isn't it?


My memory of the Broken Engagement event is fuzzy, but I think it was a prince-only event.


While I was thinking, the associates stated what the villainess Alice had done.


Basically, the villainess harassed the heroine Maria behind her back, urged other nobles to isolate her, and recently hired an assassin.


That's funny.


I don't think even the game's villainess Alice made it that far... or unless I imagine things, I don't have the faintest memory of that.


I do remember Maria crying, but I didn't see the specific scene, at least not in my mind.


All the other testimonies of the other attackers were all about what they heard from Maria, the heroine, and there seemed to be no concrete evidence.


However, if the prince and his associates (four people other than me) say it out loud, the mood in the hall seems to be that the villainess Alice is to blame...


I turned my gaze to the heroine.


Although Heroine's face is covered, I can see a specific part of it, specifically her mouth, which is relaxed with a smile.


‘Is this something planned?’


When I saw the heroine, I thought it was being set up. So I looked at the villainess Alice, and she appeared resolved but had a somewhat sad expression on her face.


In fact, I know a story about a similar situation.


That one is so …about a villainess reincarnated in an Otome game who avoids a terrible end. Also, I think the villainess was also confronted with false evidence from the reincarnated heroine there.


In other words...


“The heroine is also reincarnated…”


Perhaps the strategy is to put the false accusation on Alice, the villainess. 


Ultimately, this will take the prince away from her. However, it's troubling that the other targets are also on the heroine's side.


According to my memory, the prince is quite fond of the heroine, and the other targets also appear to be in love.



“Hey, Kusu, say something too!"


As I was calmly analyzing the situation, the prince, perhaps thinking I was suspicious, said something like that.


With those words, all eyes in the hall were on me, but... hmm...


"I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not. But, I want to confirm that you're breaking off your engagement with Alice-sama, aren't you?"


"Of course!"


"Are you sure about this?"


"You're such a pain in the ass!"


"I see... then..."


After saying that, I slowly walked up to Alice.


When I see Alice's wary eyes, I smile gently at her and slowly kneel down.


I then gently held Alice's hand and said, "Will you marry me, Alice?"


“Eh...!?"


Alice looks surprised. 


But you know... sorry. I love Alice, the villainess.


I was so into the game that I wanted to write fanfiction about Alice's happiness at one point.


I kind of wanted to protect her when I saw the sad expression on her face before me.


Moreover, I love Alice. 


Additionally, there doesn't appear to be any evidence that she did anything to the heroine. 


This is a definite false accusation, and ... if the prince breaks up with Alice, there's nothing wrong with me getting her, right?


A smile spreads across my lips as I gently say to Alice. 


"I know I'm no match for Alice-sama, but if...His Highness breaks the engagement, Please lend me your hand for marriage. I-I love you with all my heart."



Alice blushed so much that it was obvious to see, and her gaze widened... Eh, what a lovely creature.


"Ah, um, um... uh..."


“Kusu! You've lost your mind!”


Instinctively, I feel the urge to hug her. The prince, who appears taken aback by my actions, interferes angrily.


It’s noisy...


As I shielded Alice's back from the prince, I looked at him indifferently.








“Your Highness... if you want to insult her with false accusations, I will not tolerate it"


"That's my line! She’s the sinner who is guilty of bullying Maria!"


"Kusu-kun! Wake up!"


Such kind words from the heroine. 


However, I look at her indifferently and say, "Maria, do you enjoy falsely accusing an innocent girl? No, aren't you ashamed of yourself as a person for disgracing Alice-sama in order to win Her Highness?"


"You! If you dare to insult Maria, I will expel you together from the empire!"


"Oh? Expelling us from the empire? Do you think you have the authority to do that?


"What!?"


The prince stares at me with a grim look on his face. 


I keep my eyes from falling on Alice and say calmly, "Think about it. Today is an evening party hosted by His Majesty the King himself, isn't it? You should have some idea of what's going on when you cause such a commotion at such a monumental event and his Majesty hasn't intervened at all until now."


When I glanced at His Majesty the King, who was wearing a crisp, picture-perfect face, he looked amused and relaxed his cheeks. 


By his expression, I am convinced that’s the case.


"Your Highness, don't you see? You are probably being tested."


"What are you talking about?"


He’s the naive prince. To be honest, I almost sighed, but I managed to suppress it.


"Perhaps His Majesty has been aware of all your recent activities and has been assessing your qualifications to be the next king."


"Wha...!"


It is only a guess, but His Majesty, the king of this country, whom I know as knowledge, is a man with a wise head on his shoulders. 


The prince is no good for the person to ascend the throne. 






In fact, although he is still watching the situation, he doesn't seem to be flinching at all. 


In other words, I can only assume that this situation is also in his hands.


The prince is surprised by my comment, but his face turns indignant the next time he speaks to me.


"You...How dare you involve my father in this!"


Tsk tsk, why not? I was about to end the conversation quickly because it was too much trouble for me.


"Well then, farewell. Shall we go, Alice-sama?"


"Wait! Don't let her get away! Guards!"


The prince ordered nearby soldiers to stop us.


The guards, in a panic, approached us. 


However, I look at them coldly and say, "Is your Lord Your Highness, or His Majesty the King?"


The soldiers stopped dead in their tracks.


I continued, thinking it will be a good thing that people with a sense of loyalty are sensitive to such matters.


"The prince, however, only has a high right of ascending the throne," I continued, "The soldiers who are loyal to His Majesty, will you follow that word based on your own judgment? Nevertheless, if it's an order from His Majesty, who has been watching this place for a long time, you should obey it.”


“Your Majesty?"


As I turned my gaze towards His Majesty the King, who had been calmly watching the situation for some time, he responded with an expression of amusement.


"Good. Go!"


"Father!"


At His Majesty's words, the prince's voice rose but soon fell silent, as if doesn’t dare to speak.


The heroine is strangely quiet, but I want to be alone with her and hear her answer as soon as possible...










5 Comments

  1. Seems like an interesting premise. Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas!!
    Thanks for the chapter ~
    Interesting start...

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for this novel, i love otome game with male MC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is the MC really getting a harem?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lmao the king just watching a Saturday Morning drama series

    ReplyDelete
Post a Comment
Previous Post Next Post