Extra - Merry Christmas! (Part 2) - I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord

Extra - Merry Christmas! (Part 2) - I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord




<<Back>>    <<Next>>


Kindly join Our Discord for Announcements


Extra - Merry Christmas (Part 2):



She quickly puts on her hat and puts her hand on her chest and says,



“You're welcome.”



I can’t take the gift just like that. Of course, I have to return the gift.



“Merry Christmas.”


"Merry Christmas."



Having lived in a village of dragon-men, she is unfamiliar with a different kind of language, like English in my previous life.


I nod my head and smile and take the present out of my pouch. Then, while putting a serious one-word expression, I say: "Please take it."


Her fingers extend slowly and receive the paper bag.


The contents are a muffler woven in a single color: Dark red. I thought it would make her fairy-like appearance more vivid.


...I wonder why it is so embarrassing to give a gift that I have chosen seriously.


I sit down in front of the heater without asking for her opinion while she sits down beside me.



“Thank you. I'm so happy.”


"You're welcome. You can use it if you like.”


"Yes."



For a while, we don't open our mouths to each other, and slowly the time passes.


The heat from the round stove makes a scraping sound as mana is converted into heat. An owl's hoot echoes from outside the tent, distant and long.


We can hear the faint sound of snow shattering on the branches of trees, and the sound of the wind on the snowfield.


After a few seconds, I steal a glance at Spica, who is sitting beside me.


She seems to have immediately wrapped up the scarf I gave her, and her silver hair, snow-white skin, and downcast red eyes are more vividly beautiful.


Yes, it looks good on her.


When I’m about to nod to myself, my gaze meets Spica's eyes. She smiles softly which gives me a sense of warmth.


...It’s as if she can see through my thoughts, and I feel nervous. Then I open my mouth.



“It looks good on you. The red color goes well with Spica.”


“...That's not fair."



With a blush on her face, Spica murmurs as she squeezes it out.


So cute.


...I wonder how many times I have felt the same way about Spica.


I tilt my head in a daze. Spica's eyes are fixed and she leans towards me, tongue-tied.


I feel soft and warm. I can smell the sweet scent of her body at such a close range.


My heart throbs. I roll my eyes and look at Spica, who is looking up at me with a mischievous expression on her face.


If Spica is willing to do that...


As I straighten my body, I take Spica's hand with my right hand and wrap my left hand around her, and hug her tightly.


It’s payback time.



"Hiii..."



I'll be back soon.


"Hiiii..."



Her eyes are red all over her face and she lets out a voice that I have never heard before.


●●●



-Kyu, Kyu


The soft fresh snow makes a pleasant sound as I step on it. I exhale white mist.


It's cold.


I check on Spica as she steps on the snow, conscious of the pace at which she is moving so as not to leave her behind.



"Are you okay?"


“Yes, I'm fine.”



There is a bit of awkwardness when we leave the tent.


I’m relieved to hear Spica's voice which has returned to normal, although I wonder if I have overdone it earlier.


Slowly, I walk through the sunken ground.


Two people's footprints are etched in the pale snow. Black shadows are drawn on the surface made of silver and indigo.


Eventually, we arrived at our destination.


There is a lake, shining in the cool, clear moonlight that filtered through the heavy blue clouds.


Part of the surface of the lake is frozen over like a cracked mirror.


Spica and I look at each other, nod slightly, and wait for a moment by the surface of the lake.


A single ray of light, as small as my fingertip, shone.


As I blink two or three times, the light shines brighter and brighter, making the scenery more beautiful.


As the fine snowflakes fall, the light flows softly and fluffily.


Even forgetting to breathe, I continue to stare at the delicate scenery. My body shudders and trembles. In the inviolable silence, the phosphorescent light comes and goes.


The insects known as winter fireflies are the true source of this light.


They appear every year only during the Christmas season, creating a spectacular sight, and then disappear for a year. I don't know why they go to such great lengths to stay alive in the winter, but it makes a memorable sight.


The glittering lights swirl in the sky.


It’s just a beautiful sight, like a dream world.


I gently hold Spica's hand beside me. I give her my utmost gratitude for being able to come to this place together with me.


Merry Christmas.


I wish everyone in the world a very happy Christmas.


(The End)


TL: It’s done already. I am really looking forward to reading (and translating) more chapters from the author. If there are any new raws available in the near future, I’ll make sure to translate them and post them here. I really enjoyed translating each chapter, some on my PC (which has gone for a repair and hasn’t returned back) and almost all on my mobile (chapters after 5). So, as my device wasn’t that good, I had to split every chapter into two parts. Sorry for that. :(

Anyway, now that we’re done, I would be grateful if I can get some support. It’ll help me to bring out many more translations. Even a little bit of support will keep me motivated :)


Paypal the admin of the blog through PayPal.me/charan56

Or donate making custom pledges through Patreon: patreon.com/noicetranslations


Remember to rate the novel if you enjoyed it. And do join our discord.


Thank you.


****
  • Translator: Heartless



<<Back>>    <<Next>>




7 Comments

  1. If this is still continuing but draws are just not written why does novelupdates say it is completed I thought this was ending and I was so sad I love this as much as Maou ni Natta node Dungeon Tsukutte Jingai Musume to Honobono Suru for very similar reasons and the wholesome parts are so good

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's TOO SHORT but thank you for translating this novel~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the translation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for finishing it until the end.

    ReplyDelete
Post a Comment
Previous Post Next Post

Advertisement

Advertisement