Chapter 14 Part 2: Settlement - I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord

Chapter 14 Part 2: Settlement - I Thought I Picked Up a Girl Who Had Fallen Down, But It Turned Out To Be The Future Demon Lord




<<Back>>    <<Next>>


Join Our Discord for Annoucements.


Chapter 14: Settlement (Part 2)



He moves his cup to me while staring at my eyes as if he is asking me for something.


...I silently make ice cubes and drop them into his glass.



“I thought about taking action, but if I did, the village would have been split in half. So the only way to solve this problem was for someone from the outside to bring in a new wind. But I didn't think I would be that lucky.


So thank you very much.”



I scratch one of my cheeks. That's not the kind of praise I can give away.



"No, there is no need for thanking me. It's just that I was offended by the way he looked and spoke to my companion. So, it's something I need to do.”


"But still. I don't know what would have happened if San-kun hadn't come out of the Devil’s Den. I was at my wits' end. Maybe this village would have disappeared from the map.”



He then let out a chuckle.



"Even so, I'm glad they're okay, though. When I heard that Thanatos attacked you and you fell into the den, I still blamed myself. I should have stopped it at that time. I'm really glad. Oh, thank God."


"Oh, yeah. It's strange for me to apologize, but I'm sorry for making you worry about me. Even if I look like this, I'm good at magic, so I can protect myself.”



...I look out the window and see the setting sun.


It seems that it is already the end of the day.


Thinking about it, for some reason, Spica stares at me and Lark.


I said to her, "I'm sorry it's just a guy thing. Are you okay?"



"Yes. I've been listening to you talk about how there are all different kinds of ...... people.


"I see.”


I gave a nod.


My heart feels a little lighter now. Maybe I should be the one to thank Lark.



“But still.



Lark blurts out.



“The dragon, the lord of the big mouth, was somehow very human-like. I'm sure he'll be fine. Heh."


My heart nearly burst out of my mouth.


My face became tense…. I’m not a good talker and I am well aware of that.


I move my gaze to Spica as if to ask for help, but even Spica, who also has her face tensed up, looks away through the window to see nature.


...Hey



"I hope there's someone in there... Hmmm...how can there be anyone? Well, if there is someone living there, he/she must be very cool.”


Without looking at us, Lark is lying on the floor, drunk as a skunk.


This time, Spica cast an accusing glance at me.


I avert my eyes to the wall. I'm sorry about that," she said. And I don't think I can say that now in front of Lark.


I'm sorry for teasing you...



“By the way, I wanted to ask you both something. What was the bottom of the Devil's Den like?


The way I see it, it's a hellish place. Well, there's always fire, and demons are lining up to plan their invasion of the earth. That's the kind of scenery I'm talking about.”


Lark, unconcerned with our momentary offense and defense, asks the question.


He shakes his shoulders exaggeratedly, as if to say he is very frightened.


Spica and I look at each other and smile bitterly at each other.


Not at all.


But I don't feel comfortable telling people what I saw. I’m sure that no one who hears the roar of the villagers will ever think that at the bottom of the Devil's Mouth there is a spectacular view.



"...I can’t tell anyone. It's a secret between me and Spica.”



  • Translator: Heartless



<<Back>>    <<Next>>




*

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post

Advertisement

Advertisement