Made-Up Martial Arts, Have You Really Mastered Them, Disciple? - Chapter 9

Made-Up Martial Arts, Have You Really Mastered Them, Disciple? - Chapter 9





Whitelist us. Ad revenue gives additional support to the translator and keeps the blog running. Please support the translation by reading the translation and commenting on Noice translations.

Thank you.


Chapter 9:

Become a Patron!


#readatnoicetranslations





Chapter 9: Never mention Master to anyone

"Mmm."

Li Xuan nodded, feeling it necessary to give his disciple a little reminder. How could he forget to cook?

One's mind should not be solely focused on cultivation.

"Balance work and rest, do not overdo it. Do you understand?" Li Xuan said sternly.

Upon hearing this, Xu Yan's face was flushed with shame. "Yes, Master, disciple will remember it!"

He felt touched inwardly: 'Master is worried that I might blindly push myself too hard and harm myself. While perseverance is important, it should be gradual. I've just started bone refining, and if I push too hard, I might encounter problems!'

"You must understand that perseverance also requires restraint. Alternating between relaxation and exertion is essential. Properly relaxing the mind will lead to more efficient cultivation and greater insights!" Li Xuan said earnestly.

"Disciple understands, and will not make the same mistake again!" Xu Yan replied respectfully.

"It is true that blindly pushing oneself can lead to problems. Properly relaxing the mind is crucial, otherwise, like a tight string, if it's stretched too tightly and for too long, it will break!" Xu Yan suddenly realized.

"You may go now!" Li Xuan waved his hand, allowing Xu Yan to prepare the meal.

"This disciple listens well. It's a pity I'm not really a high-level expert, and the cultivation method is made up. Perseverance is useless too!"

He sighed inwardly but since he had already deceived Xu Yan, he could only continue to deceive him.

...

After entering the bone refining stage, Xu Yan would feel a sensation of sand rubbing against his bones whenever his blood and Qi permeated his bones as he refined them.

However, Xu Yan did not continue to push himself. Whenever he felt he couldn't hold on anymore, he would stop and do something else to relax his mind.

Five days later.

During cultivation, Xu Yan felt a tremor in his blood and Qi, and his bones vibrated. As his blood and Qi penetrated his bones, he felt a smooth sensation.

He felt stronger overall, and his blood and Qi also increased.

"I've finally entered the initial stage of bone refining."

Xu Yan was excited. After five days of hard work, he finally completed the first stage of bone refining.

The subsequent bone refining process would be much smoother, and he wouldn't experience painful sensations of ants biting or sand rubbing against his bones.

It was only when he reached the initial stage of refining bones like Copper Bone that the painful sensations would return.

"I'm currently in the initial stage of refining bones like iron bones. Now that I've entered the stage, the subsequent tempering until refining bones like copper bones will be easier."

Xu Yan was exhilarated. Without the painful and unbearable sensations during tempering, he could persist longer and spend more time cultivating.

"It's been almost a month since I left. Now that I've entered the initial stage of bone refining, my strength has increased to the point where I'm not afraid of being surrounded by a hundred people even with bare hands."

"I should go back, offer my master apprenticeship gifts. All of them have been used for my cultivation. I should also buy some rare medicinal materials for my master."

Although his master didn't care about his apprenticeship gifts, as a disciple, how could he ignore the etiquette of respecting his master?

"At my master's level, he definitely doesn't care about rare treasures. After all, what ordinary people consider treasures are just mundane items. What kind of gift should I prepare for my master?"

Xu Yan fell into contemplation.

Suddenly, he slapped his head. "Why am I so stupid? My master doesn't care about rare treasures at all. As long as I bring my sincerity, like gold or jade ornaments to decorate his house, my master should like it."

After realizing this, Xu Yan felt relieved.

"I'll go catch a wild rabbit outside, and catch a fish in the river. Before leaving, I'll cook a sumptuous meal for my master."

Xu Yan finished his practice and left the village to prepare ingredients.

...

Looking at the sumptuous table, Li Xuan looked satisfied. This disciple was not bad!

The dishes were becoming more and more delicious, and there were more varieties.

"Master, it's been almost a month since I left. I want to go home for a visit," Xu Yan said after dinner.

Li Xuan's heart skipped a beat. 'If this kid goes back and mentions the apprenticeship, won't I be exposed? His brain might not be very sharp, but his parents and family, they can't all be lacking in intelligence, right?'

But if he didn't allow Xu Yan to go home, it wouldn't be convincing, and it might arouse Xu Yan's suspicions.

After a moment of contemplation, Li Xuan spoke up, "It's fine to go back, but let me remind you, until you've officially entered the sect, you must not disclose anything about cultivation to anyone, including your parents. Do you understand?"

"Yes, Master, disciple will never mention anything related to cultivation to anyone else!" Xu Yan replied solemnly, startled by the sudden instruction.

"I prefer tranquility and discretion. Although I have accepted you as a disciple, until you officially enter the sect, you must not mention your apprenticeship. I hope you understand," Li Xuan said sternly.

"Yes, Master, before I officially enter the sect, I will never mention you to anyone," Xu Yan assured respectfully.

'If I fail to officially enter the sect, it means I'm not destined to be your disciple. If you, Master, make an exception and accept me as a disciple but I fail to enter, it would tarnish your reputation too much. As a disciple, I must uphold your reputation above all!' Xu Yan felt a bit ashamed of his lack of talent. If he couldn't enter the sect, he would ruin his Master's prestige, leaving him open to ridicule.

Li Xuan intended to avoid being exposed too early by instructing Xu Yan not to mention him or anything about cultivation. Little did he know, Xu Yan had made some assumptions of his own.

"Of course, I trust you. You should go back early. Be careful on the way," Li Xuan's expression softened, but he added a reminder, "You'll need to pass through the Thirty-Mile Devil Forest, where there are fierce beasts and tigers. Be cautious not to get hurt."

The Devil Forest was too dangerous. If Xu Yan encountered fierce beasts and tigers alone, he might not survive.

Li Xuan could only remind him, but whether he could safely pass through depended on Xu Yan's luck.

"Yes, Master!" Xu Yan knelt down with a thud, respectfully kowtowing three times. "Master, I'll be back in six or seven days at the earliest, and eleven or twelve days at the latest. I'll definitely come back to serve you, Master!"

"Good," seeing Xu Yan's respectful and filial behavior, Li Xuan couldn't help but feel a bit touched.

'How did I end up feeling something from this deception? Sigh, indeed, I'm not a qualified deceiver. It's all because Xu Yan's brain doesn't work well and he insisted on being deceived, and the gifts he gave... they're a bit too much!'

Xu Yan left.

Li Xuan stood on the hill at the village entrance, watching Xu Yan's retreating figure with a complex expression.

"I hope he can safely pass through the Devil Forest. This silly kid... sigh!"

He sighed, and after Xu Yan's figure disappeared from sight, Li Xuan returned to his residence.

Lying on the chair under the big tree, he suddenly felt a bit... lonely!

"Damn it! I'm so used to having a disciple serving me. Suddenly being all alone, it feels so unpleasant!" Li Xuan slapped his face, unable to help but curse.

(End of Chapter 9)

***

Translated by Evil Duke.

****

*

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post

Advertisement