Chapter 6

Chapter 6








<<Back>>    <<Next>>


Chapter 6:



While drinking, we talked about other things. I wondered why we were having so much fun when all we were doing was talking. It was the first time in a long time that I was enjoying myself. Even though I was with a high school girl, it had been a long time since I had eaten alone with the opposite gender. It's been like this since I broke up with my ex-girlfriend.


The fun time went by in a flash.


Riko looked at the time displayed on the screen of her smartphone and let out a small "Ah".



“It's already this time. I have to go home soon…”


"That's right. It's not good for high school students to be out so late at night.”



Is this an old-fashioned way of thinking? The words that slipped out of my mouth made me feel like an old man. But if high school students stay out too late at night, they might get arrested by the police. It would be a problem for Ami-san. and make her worry.


I put on my suit jacket and picked up a slip of paper (bill) that waiter had left in a corner of the table. Then Riko, who was going to buy me dinner, approached me.



"Um…”


“It's okay. I'll pay for it.”


“But…”


"I'm not so far gone as to ask a high school student to buy me dinner.”



When I said that to Riko, who was about to protest, she withdrew without saying anything.


Anyway, it's not that expensive to pay for dinner. The total cost for the two of us was about two hundred yen. But if Riko didn't have a part-time job, it wasn't cheap.


When I was in high school, I didn't have a part-time job, so I had to manage with the allowance my parents gave me every month. I remember how hard it was to come up with the money to pay for my date with Yuka. I remember spending my New Year's money, and when I ran out, I told my uncle about the situation and he gave me some pocket money. It brings back memories.


When I went outside, there was a cold wind blowing.


Whoa, it's cold.


I shoved my hands into my suit pockets.


Riko took out her smartphone from her uniform pocket.



“Asakura-san, if you don't mind, can you give me your contact information?”


“Yes, I don't mind.”



I felt a little guilty about exchanging contact information with a high school girl, but I hadn't done anything wrong. It's not like I asked her.


After a quick exchange of contact information, we started walking towards the nearest station.


The city was full of couples, but I guess we didn't look like one. A man in a suit and a high school girl in a uniform. Instead, we might look suspicious. Let's hope I don't run into any of my colleagues.


On the way, I asked her where the nearest station was, but it was in a different direction from my house. As we passed through the station gates, we said goodbye.



“Um...would you like to go somewhere sometime?"


"Where?"



That's a cute way of saying 'going out.



“I haven't decided yet, but would you mind if I invited you to …?”


“Of course.”



I don't have a girlfriend right now, and I'm not particularly busy outside of work. On my days off, I tend to spend my time indoors, reading books or watching TV. If you ask me to go out, I'm willing to go anywhere.



“So, I'll see you soon…”


“See you later."



I waved discreetly to Riko as she walked down the stairs, and she waved back.


As soon as Riko's figure disappeared from my sight, I too went down the stairs to the platform. I looked at the electronic board and saw that I had about three minutes before the next train arrived.



"Going out… huh.”



I chuckled to myself as I waited for the train. I was a little surprised that she asked me to exchange contact information, but exchanging contact information doesn't necessarily mean that she will keep in touch with me often. There are many acquaintances that I have exchanged contact information with, but have never kept in touch with. There are only a handful of people I keep in touch with frequently.


That's why I wondered if I would ever see Riko again.


A train arrived at the opposite platform. I could see Riko's figure through the window of the train. Riko stood by the window and waved at me. Soon, the train started moving and Riko's figure drifted to the side.


I felt a smile on my face. From the side, I might have looked like a man smiling eerily by himself.


As I boarded the train, I held onto the strap and thought to myself, “I might have a long-term  relationship with Riko.”



...To be continued!


---


Translator Corner:



Thanks for reading my translation works. 





<<Back>>    <<Next>>

*

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post

Advertisement

Advertisement