Chapter 3

Chapter 3








<<Back>>    <<Next>>


Chapter 3:



Of course, the wounds from my high school days have long since healed. Even so, the mere sight of a high school girl who looked a lot like Yuka reminded me of that time.


I can’t help but follow the high school girl with my eyes.


Yuka was a beautiful girl, but she was more beautiful than Yuka. Thinking about it, Hiroki also had neat looks. If their child was a girl, she would be about her age, and she would be as beautiful as she was.


Maybe she was their child? 


I brushed aside the ridiculous theory that had popped into my head. There was no way that could be true.


If I stared at her too closely, she might think I was suspicious. I turned away from her and took a sip of my beer.


In front of her came a group of delinquents of a similar age. I looked at them and thought, "There are always delinquents in every age.”


They called out to the high school girl.


I've never picked up a girl before, so I was watching them, thinking, "So, this is how you do it.”


The high school girl strongly refused, saying, "Please stop”. It seemed that they were trying to pull her and take her somewhere. I don't think it was kidnapping, but it was not good to drag a girl who didn't want to be dragged out to play.


I put down my beer can and stood up from the bench.


I walked over to the girls.



“She doesn't like this," I said firmly.



The delinquents made their displeasure known to the intruder who suddenly appeared and interrupted them.



"What the hell, man?"


"Ah. Get your hands off her."



I said politely, trying to keep my tone mature.



“It's none of your business.”


“It's none of my business, but I don't think it's good to pick up girls by force.”


“Shut up.”


“Do you want to do it?"



The boys were grinning at each other.


Maybe it was because they had more men than me, or maybe it was because I looked like a weak fighter, but they seemed to have a very relaxed expression on their faces.


I grabbed the guy who was holding the high school girl's wrist and yanked his arm away.



"Ouch!"



Another short-tempered boy lunged at me, and I swatted him off his feet, avoiding the blow. He fell down in a heap. The other three people's eyes were drawn to him for a moment, and I took the high school girl's hand and ran.



“Hey, wait up!”



Of course, I couldn't wait.


The four of them were surprisingly slow, probably due to our unhealthy lifestyles. The gap between us was getting wider and wider, and we soon succeeded in escaping from them. We continued to run for a few minutes. I realized that my physical strength was lower than when I was in my twenties. Still, I was able to run to some extent because I had been working out a lot.


Just when we thought I was fine, we stopped.



"Um, thank you very much!”


"Ah, don't worry about it."



I waved my hand lightly and smiled at the high school girl. I took a moment to catch my breath, checked my current location, and started to head for the nearest station.



“Okay then.”


"Um, please wait!"



The high school girl hurriedly stopped me as I was about to go.



"Yes? What is it?”


“Thank you for your help.“



She thanked me once more and bowed her head deeply.



“My name is Riko Soma.”



Soma...


Hiroki's last name is 'Soma'.


It is not a very rare surname, but it is a relatively common surname...


Her last name is Soma, she looks a lot like Yuka, and they match in age. Maybe she is indeed her’s...



"Can you tell me your name, please?"


"It’s Kazuma Asakura."


“Nice to meet you, Asakura-san."



Riko muttered as if singing.



“If you don't mind, would you like to go out to dinner somewhere afterward?”


“Huh…?”


"No?"


“No, it's not that we can't…”



Today is Friday, and the day after tomorrow is a holiday. So, I have plenty of time to spare.


But is it okay for an over thirty man to go out to eat with a high school girl? Well, it's not a crime in itself, but how would it look from the side…? I'm worried that it might look like a bad relationship.



"Don't worry about the money. I'll buy you a drink."


“No, I'm not letting a high school kid buy me a drink.”


“Don't worry about it.”


“I do.”



Putting aside the subject of whether or not to buy a drink, we went into a family restaurant we saw. It had been a long time since I had been to a family restaurant, and this was the first time I had gone with a high school girl.


...To be continued!


---


Translator Corner:



Thanks for reading my translation works. 





<<Back>>    <<Next>>

1 Comments

  1. Bro it made me fucing cry.......................Why.......................................

    ReplyDelete
Post a Comment
Previous Post Next Post